Crash

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Chuzu, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was reversing out of a car park space and hit this woman in a 4x4 i was already out at least half way and she stops behind me in a queue to turn left. ( see diagram) Whats my chances of not getting the blame i know mid 20's bloke versus 30 odd old woman im already a rank outsider but she said that my reverse lights weren't on which they were which she admitted afterwards so im hopeful for at least a 50/50 blame share so i can fix my car myself and not lose my no claims.

Attached Files:

2. well if she was stationary and you were reversing... do you not think you are to blame? should look where you are going. it's fuck all to do with your age or sex!

3. Cant really see the diagram, but from your description you will get the blame. You should be observing what is behind you when reversing.

Sorry for the bad news.

4. She stops behind an already reversing car and doesnt even honk and reckons i havent got my reversing lights on and she cant tell im moving.

5. Sounds like someone is telling porky pies!

Get the CCTV (there will be some somewhere). However, you should still be observing behind you when reversing, so chances are you are at fault.

6. If a person was standing in the road, would you still reverse into them? No matter how bone the doris was, she was stationary and you moved into her. Pretty clear cut I think.

You need to remember women are stupid at the best of times but whilst behind a wheel, you need to think for them too. ;)

7. whenever i'm reversing, my head is constantly whipping and bobbing around like a frigging crazy thing, checking all mirrors and windows to make sure it is STILL clear. if something appears while you're reversing, you stop. if she then runs into you, it's her fault.

you can't just look once, "ok it's clear" and then go all the way through your manoeuvre without looking any more. you should be checking constantly - be paranoid, there are plenty of idiots out there on the road!

can't believe you need such basic advice. get it fixed and chalk it up to experience.

or just go in the bar and tell all the lads how some stupid bitch crashed into your car :roll:

8. Yeh i think you're right but i was looking where i was going just during those 3 seconds i was looking over my left shoulder i know i could have probably avoided this if id counted on doris being stupid not looking or putting makeup or whatever but i dont believe i should have to pay for her car ill settle for a 50/50 because ive got less than 100 quids damage cos id do the repairs myself.

9. Look what i found on another forum.

10. oh yeah, i hope you did a better picture on the insurance form!

11. Seriously sounds like your fault. You dont get to chose if you pay or not!

12. [/quote]Yeh i think you're right but i was looking where i was going just during those 3 seconds i was looking over my left shoulder i know i could have probably avoided this if id counted on doris being stupid not looking or putting makeup or whatever but i dont believe i should have to pay for her car ill settle for a 50/50 because ive got less than 100 quids damage cos id do the repairs myself.[/quote]

Unfortunately it's those three seconds that make you liable. You were in control of your vehicle with exception to 3 seconds which is when the accident happened. :lol: Sorry, I shouldn't laugh. :cry:

13. Woman's husband has phoned me up turns out she wasn't stopped like she said but reckoned she had enough time/space to drive through and as shes only just got this 4*4 last week when she had a clio she had misjudged the space hes agreed to call it 50/50 which is fine.

14. Tip: Reverse into spaces and drive out.