Crapiest jobs ever !

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by semper, Mar 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what is the crappiest job you have ever been in ?

2. Shop floor worker at Matalan during a Uni summer break. A summer selling cheap tracksuits to chavs.

3. too many to list had 34 since leaving school... some have over-lapped some have been part time.,.. but I have always had at least 2 jobs on the go at any one time.

Car Financer (Sales Yes Car Credit Liverpool-Warwick)
    Buyer For Cash Converters (Liverpool)

probably the worst two... both legalized theft...

4. J_D

J_D LE

Maccy D's when I was 15 still at school...............hell I got £5 p/h and free maccy D's but I will never eat in there again not after what I've seen goes in the burgers.

Hint: Don't have mayo.............its full of protein (hint hint)

5. Surely when a scouser wants a new car, he nicks one. :wink:

6. Working as a labourer in a military workshop full of Germans - an MCTG for those in the know - absolutely hideous.

7. Har fookin har de har har har...

8. Being paid a pitance for packing eggs 10 hours a day 6 days a week, in a stinking German factory. During the 10 months I was there I had lung and throat infections at least every 2 months through breathing in finely powdered chicken sh1t day in day out, due to the cr@ppy ventilation there.
    Couldnt eat eggs for years after that :evil:

9. Between terms at Uni, I had a holiday job helping to renovate a huge house for an A-list celebrity, who will remain anon. I was given the unenviable task of digging a trench for the electrical feed to the new swimming pool that was being built 100m from the house. Digging a trench 100m long, by 1m deep, not that difficult granted, except for the fact that to minimise the damage to an immaculate lawn, I was not allowed to make it more than 150mm wide (6")
    So there I am, on my hands and knees, for a fortnight, digging for England, with a bloody COALSCUTTLE! As if that wasnt bad enough, it was a hot dry summer (remember those) and the spoil dried out, and kept finding its way back into the trench, AND, halfway across the lawn, I unearthed the skeleton of a HORSE, which had to be dug out before I could continue.

10. not a sapper then "sleeper"? couldn't you have improvised with something better than a coal scuttle?

11. Uh,no, and no!

I was just a pleb, and it was very much a case of "do the job with what you've got"

12. How wide would you have preferred to dig it - it's only a cable FFS! :) :) :)

13. When I qualified as a nurse I was dumped on a nurse led elderly care discharge ward. All the patients had some kind of dementia and would do all manner of bizzare things. Spent a great deal of time dealing with wandering oldies and sorting out "toileting problems". It was sh1t (pun very much intended).

14. The point is, if it could have been a bit wider, I could have used a spade/shovel and actually got down into the trench rather than be bent double on hands and knees. I might have shifted twice as much material, but it would have been 1000% easier.

15. Ihad to stick labels and stack various plastic objects (trays, mop buckets, those things u stick you plates in to dry after you've washed up etc etc). Which was then sold at that fine retailer of fine homewares. Wilkinsons.