Crap Title: The Mercian Regiment

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by polar, Dec 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Didn't think long about this did they.

Why have a title that doesn't represent the majority of your recruiting area (the non Brummie part)? (Mercia was a Angle tribe from Birmingham area)

The Mercian and Sherwood Foresters Regiment sounds a lot better :twisted:
  2. Yup and then the other regiments can be preserved and wont have to mix with the riff-raff. :twisted:
  3. Ahhh, nostalgia, "Mercian" brings thoughts of green combats, puttees, and 432s.

I was VERY young at the time 8)
  4. Our old C Coy was Mercian I believe.

And good idea Hackle, one of our number will feel right at home :D :D
  5. Suppose I a bit biased. We sort of got on with our Mercian neighbours but were a lot happier when they disbanded and our neighbours joined a proper bn/regt (4 WFR).

What worries me is when I joined up I looked at TA Inf units in my area, rejected the Mercians, and went for WFR but my second choice was Royal Anglians
  6. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

Mercer-ians? :idea:
  7. I thought it was because they'll always serve under "Mercan" command?
  8. How long before they are known as "the merkins"...?
  9. A pubic wig for women.

barstewards :!: :!:
  10. "Merry,Merry Merry are we
    We are the Mercian Yeomanry
    We can f*ck,we can fight
    We are the prostitutes delight

The old ones are the best :lol:
  11. Riff-Raff ??? From a supporter of the trainee scouser/kingo regt
    :!: :twisted:
  12. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

OK, polar bear,
    Describe in 50 words or less the sum total of your operational/combat experience. Once you've realised you have nothing to say, think again about slagging a Bn that has killed more terrorists than you've had (I was going to say hot dinners, but by the sound of your posts, you're a lardbucket) sexual experiences (and no, onanism doesn't count).
  13. Blimey hit a nerve have I ?
    p.s. understand the icons part of the post you dimwit (or the difference between banter and insults)
  14. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Clearly what you lack in operational experience you make up for by understanding gained by many hard hours on the internet. I bow to your superior icon knowledge.
  15. Alright Mercian, Cheshire, 95th and Foresters Regt (had another beer since last post :( ). Bit of a last minute fight by the Cheshires :?:

p.s. you haven't picked on my (Yorkshire) LI avatar.