Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crap aftershaves of your youth

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
And to complete the 'teenager Glaswegian using smelly stuff instead of showering' ensemble

various-stock-jan-2007-shutterstock-editorial-632791a.jpg

Issi

War Hero
I shared a room with a guy who had a massive display of weird (but expensive) aftershaves.
He used to claim that they went off after a couple of months, and so he would bin them and buy new.

I was quite happy to take them off his hands.

Another odd ball from school would gargle Blue Stratos.

1611003198842.png

I always liked the ads for Censored. I used Faberge on my white, hairless chest as a 12 year old going down the club with my folks on Saturday nights.

Ah, Paco Rabane: I blithely had a bottle in the bathroom for ages until my daughter paid me a pre lockdown visit and binned it with the immortal phrase " It'll make you smell like a paedo kebab shop worker".

For Xmas, she bought me some Trumpers aftershave, Essence of Limes and Spanish Leather.

She will be inheriting the bulk of my estate...

Having cut to the chase.... Back in the dark ages I worked for an advertising agency in Bristol. We secured the contract to push Tabac. Supper with the “lead” led me to a sequence of less than screamingling leterero bars. It climaxed (bad choice of words l know) wth me chucking the car keys down a drain and don’t nag a six km walk back to my digs. If I smill that Nasty scent now, I still get a frisson of disgust.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Having cut to the chase.... Back in the dark ages I worked for an advertising agency in Bristol. We secured the contract to push Tabac. Supper with the “lead” led me to a sequence of less than screamingling leterero bars. It climaxed (bad choice of words l know) wth me chucking the car keys down a drain and don’t nag a six km walk back to my digs. If I smill that Nasty scent now, I still get a frisson of disgust.
Is this also available in words?

Actually, having looked over the carnage that autocorrect wreaks, I tend to agree. Translation: bloke with three kids and a wowser missis wanted to park his wurst in my garage and I did not signup. Claro, amigo?

KOUROS- The Greek God of the 1980s!

Still highly valued amongst some people in Barnsley I understand.

No coal tar any more, the EU banned it because it was a teensy bit carcinogenic. Tea tree oil has replaced it apparently.
I've got good news for you both. Wright's coal tar soap is on Amazon / Home Bargain for 80p. As for shampoo

Attachments

• DSC_0636.JPG
    DSC_0636.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

chimera

LE
The last stuff I bought was Fahrenheit, that must have been about 1992. Since then just use a decent skin cream.

You must be RAF Regt?

Latest Threads