Crap aftershaves of your youth

My group of freinds are doing a 'forgotten smellies' Secret Santa this year. Each person will get two envelopes. One with the person they are buying for and one with the crap aftershave they are to get them (to prevent duplicates).
We will also be required to wear said ghastliness on the night too.
With Denim, Old Spice, Brut, Tabac and others still doing the rounds and under £10 a bottle it should be interesting.

You wouldn't fight Bella Emberg off, ffs. ;)
He'd not fight her off.
1632150453345.png

Mmm...a ginge right enough.

Brut. The bottle also made a handy air rifle silencer.

I did quite like Old Spice. My aftershave of choice now is Dunhill Editions which is probably a slightly more grown up version of Old Spice.

Why the **** is Lynx so popular in barracks. It’s revolting. It sticks in your throat.
Lynx body spray is great for cleaning the lumopen markings off the talc covering maps - hence our HQ 12x12 stinking of the stuff.

Blue Stratos - for the man with a cigarette lighter who wants a flame thrower to hand......

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
This was all the rage in 1988. Packaging was meant to resemble piano keys.

View attachment 540606
Tell me about it, my whole Troop in depot would where it, all you could smell in the block. On the lash in Richmond this stuff worked, however in Scorpions in Catterick this stuff was drunk! Rough old gaff Scorpions back in the day

Tell me about it, my whole Troop in depot would where it, all you could smell in the block. On the lash in Richmond this stuff worked, however in Scorpions in Catterick this stuff was drunk! Rough old gaff Scorpions back in the day

Hard to believe that it was quite a posh hotel in its day. It must always have looked a bit like a nuclear bunker, though. It was pink but it wasn't pretty.

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
Hard to believe that it was quite a posh hotel in its day. It must always have looked a bit like a nuclear bunker, though. It was pink but it wasn't pretty.
Can not remember the colour of the gaff, by the time we got there we were smashed out of our collective skulls and it was black as hades inside, a bit smelly to IIRC, but then that might of been us lot of strategically shaven apes, or more than likely some of the local talent that hung around there.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I remember my mum being hooked on Dallas when I was a kid and obsessed over the "Who shot JR?" headline.

No surprise I got this in my stocking fillers that year, then :roll:

jr-ewing-dallas-vintage-1980s_360_81512c1c0bb58e58ecf7dc235cb29eee.jpg

I was about 7 at the time. I remember splashing it on thinking I was so grown up and definitely going to bag all the clunge at kiss-chase on break later that day in school...

Can not remember the colour of the gaff, by the time we got there we were smashed out of our collective skulls and it was black as hades inside, a bit smelly to IIRC, but then that might of been us lot of strategically shaven apes, or more than likely some of the local talent that hung around there.

It was still called the Walkerville when I knew it. There were two battalions of jocks based at the camp at the time (the Black Watch and the Argylls, I think). A masterstroke of genius by someone. The Walkerville was like Dodge City, most nights - if you can imagine a Dodge City where everything happens in slow motion. When the guys got tired, the Colburn Commandos would take the floor and start on each other.

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
It was still called the Walkerville when I knew it. There were two battalions of jocks based at the camp at the time (the Black Watch and the Argylls, I think). A masterstroke of genius by someone. The Walkerville was like Dodge City, most nights - if you can imagine a Dodge City where everything happens in slow motion. When the guys got tired, the Colburn Commandos would take the floor and start on each other.
I think the Green Howard’s were next us at the RAC Training Regiment, we only tangled with them once when we were near the end of our trade training (Gunnery). We had most problems with the local boys, but nothing that was to much trouble to deal with. Which rocket scientist decided to put those two mobs next to each other! I can imagine the carnage.

Latest Threads