Crap aftershaves of your youth

One evening whilst bored some mates and i emptied one of the lad's bottle of Brut,(he was on patrol at the time) and refilled it with piss.
He never said a word about it afterwards,either he didn't notice or he preferred the new fragrance... :oops:
Piss take ?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The “swerve young Ocker” during the ‘70s ‘n ‘80s got conned into purchasing gallons of Brut 33 ... apparently the ladies couldn’t resist it! I was given a bottle of the bilge one Festering Season, and inadvertently left it sitting on a veneered chest of drawers, to be greeted a few days later by the veneer discolouring and lifting; unbeknown to me it had a fine crack in the bottle neck. Made damn’ fine paint stripper it did! Similarly, the Talc made good anti-ant powder, coz I think if they walked thru’ it, it dried their joints out so much they seized up and the little sods carked!View attachment 552416
Bástard. I've now got Macho Man by the Village People on loop tape in my head.

TamH70

MIA
Bástard. I've now got Macho Man by the Village People on loop tape in my head.
Want another earworm to gouge that one out?

I have a few I could recommend.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Brut. The bottle also made a handy air rifle silencer.

I did quite like Old Spice. My aftershave of choice now is Dunhill Editions which is probably a slightly more grown up version of Old Spice.

Why the **** is Lynx so popular in barracks. It’s revolting. It sticks in your throat.

jmb3296

War Hero

I did quite like Old Spice. My aftershave of choice now is Dunhill Editions which is probably a slightly more grown up version of Old Spice.

Why the **** is Lynx so popular in barracks. It’s revolting. It sticks in your throat.
I saw an article somewhere, I cannot recall where, that a female student teacher went home and bucketed her boyfriends supply of lynx as she associated it so strongly with the stench of awkwardness and desperation wafting off her class of lynx drenched 14 year old boys.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I saw an article somewhere, I cannot recall where, that a female student teacher went home and bucketed her boyfriends supply of lynx as she associated it so strongly with the stench of awkwardness and desperation wafting off her class of lynx drenched 14 year old boys.
Bit like barracks then.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

I’ve got a 20 year-old bottle which is still going well. Dunhill wanted to delete Edition from its product range but the customers weren’t having it.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
My father, premier league table tennis player, used 'Old Spice' (no, not essence of Geri Halliwell) as it was the best thing that he found to make his bat rubbers as sticky as possible for imparting a load of spin.
Whenever I used Dunhill Edition, my mate Tilly would go into paroxysms of ecstacy and tell me that I 'smell just like Tom Selleck', his favourite scent.

You can still buy this, but as I found out into my mid sixties, it don't work like it used to....

Surprising that none of you florally scented hermers has mentioned* the Hai Karate adverts and the somewhat impressively pneumatic Valerie Leon. The past is another country.

(*Or if you have the search function can't find it)

Latest Threads