Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crap aftershaves of your youth

Oh, you're like sooooo hours ago.

It was me mentioning this sense of the gods in the other thread that brought us to this dizziness-inducing heady place.

Nevertheless, top choice. I can't help thinking this chap wore it. Look at the description of him. We can but perspire aspire.
Rancid Aftershave Walt!!

Had a bottle of Brut 33 at Xmas, but for Auld Lang Syne from the 70's. Me and 'Enry, we used to splash it in all over, didn't we.

Then I had the Brut hairspray, don't need that no more either.

Had a bottle of Brut 33 at Xmas, but for Auld Lang Syne from the 70's. Me and 'Enry, we used to splash it in all over, didn't we.

Take it from me that you can make a very effective improvised flame thrower with Brut hairspray. ;)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Reminds me of one day at work. Karen, one of the secretaries, rocks up slightly late and very flustered.

Already running late that morning, and this being the era of big hair, she'd mistaken her high-grip hairspray for her deodorant.

There then followed 20 minutes of additional frantic scrubbing in the shower to undo having basically glued her armpits down. Herculean effort on her part to eventually make it to work at anything approaching 9am.

Happy days and much mirth at the time.

I did not believe they really existed till 2003 when there they were on shelves in a Wodonga garden centre.
Wish I'd pick up a few.

images

diehard57

War Hero
since this thread has morphed into not just crap afters, Agua Brava was the first one I thought was quite good.
There was something else foreign in a green bottle wasn't too bad - can't remember its name.
Wasn’t this one was it?

38163F9B-C758-4931-BE57-BBCED63B2645.jpeg

diehard57

War Hero
Yes that's it! Cheers.
You can still get this but it’s made by a different firm now, smells the same but I don’t think it lasts as long. The dance floor of the Epping Forest Country Club on a Saturday night circa 1977 used to reek of this..... happy days

I’ve got a bottle of Dunhill Edition which was bought for me in my mid-20s that’s still got life in it. That’s a quarter century. It’s all about quality.
My father bought this bottle of aftershave from a barber shop that went out of business in the mid-1960s.
DSC05712.JPG

I was using it in the early 90s when I was 15 and had overwhelming peach-fuzz and maybe three actual whiskers on my face.

Once it was all used up, my father then proceeded to tell me that this was the tipple of choice of our local down-and-outs and the Indians.

My father bought this bottle of aftershave from a barber shop that went out of business in the mid-1960s.
View attachment 541329
I was using it in the early 90s when I was 15 and had overwhelming peach-fuzz and maybe three actual whiskers on my face.

Once it was all used up, my father then proceeded to tell me that this was the tipple of choice of our local down-and-outs and the Indians.
It's nice with Pepsi.

TamH70

MIA
What does Shirley drink?

Bourbon. Specifically Jim Beam White Label. She tried the cherry, apple and honey varietals, but they all left her cold.

Happy to help and all that...

Latest Threads