Cranks and Crazies have taken over the Republicans

Discussion in 'US' started by sunnoficarus, Sep 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The US of A is like a bowl of muesli, a mixture of everything, but, take away the fruits and the flakes and all you've got left is the nuts.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Why do non-US politicians believe they have right to interfere or comment on the US election process? There'd be hell to pay if a senior US politician commented on the relative merits of various parties in a non-US election.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Because everyone else has to deal with the fallout. Google "Superpower".
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Do you not have a little thing called the freedom of speech in the US? We have it too, which is why when the Republican party seems to be run by a bunch of lunatics to the outside world and they have a shot at getting the chief lunatic into the most powerful political position on the planet (or at least for a short time to come anyway) then the rest of the planet gets a bit twitchy.

Given the Aussie propensity for saying what they think, then how is this a surprise?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bouillabaisse

It may affect them but that's tough. The world is not a democracy If you want a say in who's president of the USA become an American. Otherwise shut up and live with it. Swan's going to have to crawl on his belly if Romney wins.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Probably because the US politicians seem to feel they have the right to not only comment but actively get involved in what other countries do upto and including invading if they dont like your choice of leader.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. And pigs will be flying overhead.
  8. I seem to recall that were are all currently dealing with the rather unpleasant fallout of the Yanks obsessive regime changing ways.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Do yourself a favour and don't think that the rest of us give a **** about what the Yanks think of us. We know full well that the US is only interested in itself and so will kiss arse when we have something they want and we'll get ignored when we don't. So given that Australia is already looking far more closely at China as a trading partner than the US, then I think you probably need their raw materials a lot more than they need you.

I also happen to agree with Swan. The Republican party is currently filled with lunatics and morons.
  10. Bouillabaisse

Yup. And the locals got pretty upset by it.

Reaction if Obama stood up and said that Milliband would make a better prime minister than Cameron?
  11. Going on current intellectual trends, most US politicians would assume Milliband was a French politician.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bouillabaisse

You seem to be mistaking me for an American. I don't care about Aussie politics and had never heard of Swan before today. I also don't really bother with the detail of US politics much - how do you know the Republicans are morons and crazies? becuase you heard it in the press? What's your source - BBC, Guardian, Telegraph, Fox News, CNN?

I suspect that the senior republican politicians and campaign workers are highly intelligent and well educated. they may have different political views from you, but that doesn't make someone a moron.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. So whats new? All US parties are run by lunatics and crazies.
    • Like Like x 1