Cramming Training?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Papa Romeo, Apr 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I called to my TA centre on Tuesday, had my interview immediately, and go back for a medical this Tuesday with a view to attending a selection weekend on 13/14th May. To be honest, I was not expecting everything to happen as quickly as this so now I am worried about whether my fitness is going to be up to standard in time.
    My question is, will I do any harm by doing circuit training and running on consecutive days? The Army fitness section program has a rest day every second day and most guides I have seen say not to do weight training on consecutive days but the Royal Marine training tool recommends cv work in mornings and circuits in the afternoons 2 or 3 days in a row.
    As I want to cram as much as I can into the next fortnight, what are peoples views on the best routine to use?

2. Cramming would be stupid! I would suggest doing a few phys sessions; nothing too streneous! Once you've passed it you can work hard to be ready for phase 1. Don't risk injury mate and good luck!

ANC

3. If you can run a mile and a half in under 13 minutes dont worry about it, phys over the weekends will be progressive and you will have planty of time between weekends to bring your fitness upto a reasonable standard if its not already that ..

4. Thanks for the replies lads. Less than a week to go now so I am just going to do a few more sessions and then nothing after Wednesday to make sure I am fresh for Saturday. I just got a little worried as, like I said, it has all happened quicker than I expected. Hopefully I am fit enough to get through selection and then I will work hard to prepare for Phase 1 training.