craftyNET

Discussion in 'REME' started by Army_Rizzle, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, after some delibiration ive decided to go ahead with a little project I had in mind. A Reme website, a cross between say the kit magazine/ the crafty mag and the arrse website. The site is still in early days and Im in cact with the crafty mag and kit magazine at the moment. Ive set up the basic scripting for the site and I would like people to just test it for me and see if they can find any bugs.

http://www.craftynet.co.uk/html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. What's wrong with the REME forum on ARRSE?

3. Spellcheck and some punctuation would be nice - otherwise, good luck.

4. I agree with skintboy, whats the crack? You going tiffy or something? Easier ways of getting the brownie points fella, like being able to do your trade for one thing.... :p

5. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. SIx munfs a go I cudnt even spel atificur, now I ar wun.

7. I've just visited craftyNET and all the links I tried worked OK. It looks like a good, clean, layout that will be easy to read and easy to navigate around. Agree with the comments about spelling and punctuation!

I also tend to agree with the comments that question whether craftyNET is going to serve any useful purpose. What will set it apart from the REME forum on ARRSE or the remepastpresent forum? (Thanks for the link, johnEXvma. I didn't know that remepastpresent existed and will be registering this coming weekend.) Will there be enough diffential to attract members and thus generate advertising revenue? (Otherwise, who's going to pay?)

My only other comment concerns the craftyNET logo. The badge at an angle like that looks all wrong, as if REME spends it's collective time relaxing on its backside. Do we want the Great British Public to learn the truth or should some facts be tactfully suppressed?

8. Might be an idea to separate the techs to land and air?

Then they'll come flooding in!!

9. And the mechanics to A mechs and squatters..

10. Is the site just for people that are in the REME or can people that are joining still sign up?

11. Sign up and pretend you're serving they won't know.

12. Looks ok, just needs tidying up a bit. Agree with comments about the badge.

13. A bit like ARRSE then?

14. the only problem i see right now is that companys selling medications for extra activitys are advertising in your forum.

the only other problem is this, you should have a whole diferent website techs.

i think if you could have a section for reme wife swaping then you would have more traffic through your site........... :arrow: :idea: :D