craftyNET

#1
Ok, after some delibiration ive decided to go ahead with a little project I had in mind. A Reme website, a cross between say the kit magazine/ the crafty mag and the arrse website. The site is still in early days and Im in cact with the crafty mag and kit magazine at the moment. Ive set up the basic scripting for the site and I would like people to just test it for me and see if they can find any bugs.

http://www.craftynet.co.uk/html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
#3
Army_Rizzle said:
Ok, after some delibiration ive decided to go ahead with a little project I had in mind. A Reme website, a cross between say the kit magazine/ the crafty mag and the arrse website. The site is still in early days and Im in cact with the crafty mag and kit magazine at the moment. Ive set up the basic scripting for the site and I would like people to just test it for me and see if they can find any bugs.

http://www.craftynet.co.uk/html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Spellcheck and some punctuation would be nice - otherwise, good luck.
 
#4
skintboymike said:
What's wrong with the REME forum on ARRSE?
I agree with skintboy, whats the crack? You going tiffy or something? Easier ways of getting the brownie points fella, like being able to do your trade for one thing.... :p
 
#6
SpannerSpanker said:
skintboymike said:
What's wrong with the REME forum on ARRSE?
I agree with skintboy, whats the crack? You going tiffy or something? Easier ways of getting the brownie points fella, like being able to do your trade for one thing.... :p
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
#7
SIx munfs a go I cudnt even spel atificur, now I ar wun.
 
#8
I've just visited craftyNET and all the links I tried worked OK. It looks like a good, clean, layout that will be easy to read and easy to navigate around. Agree with the comments about spelling and punctuation!

I also tend to agree with the comments that question whether craftyNET is going to serve any useful purpose. What will set it apart from the REME forum on ARRSE or the remepastpresent forum? (Thanks for the link, johnEXvma. I didn't know that remepastpresent existed and will be registering this coming weekend.) Will there be enough diffential to attract members and thus generate advertising revenue? (Otherwise, who's going to pay?)

My only other comment concerns the craftyNET logo. The badge at an angle like that looks all wrong, as if REME spends it's collective time relaxing on its backside. Do we want the Great British Public to learn the truth or should some facts be tactfully suppressed?
 
#12
JPAR17 said:
Is the site just for people that are in the REME or can people that are joining still sign up?
Sign up and pretend you're serving they won't know.
 
#13
Army_Rizzle said:
Ok, after some delibiration ive decided to go ahead with a little project I had in mind. A Reme website, a cross between say the kit magazine/ the crafty mag and the arrse website. The site is still in early days and Im in cact with the crafty mag and kit magazine at the moment. Ive set up the basic scripting for the site and I would like people to just test it for me and see if they can find any bugs.

http://www.craftynet.co.uk/html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Looks ok, just needs tidying up a bit. Agree with comments about the badge.
 
#14
RangeStew said:
JPAR17 said:
Is the site just for people that are in the REME or can people that are joining still sign up?
Sign up and pretend you're serving they won't know.
A bit like ARRSE then?
 
#15
the only problem i see right now is that companys selling medications for extra activitys are advertising in your forum.

the only other problem is this, you should have a whole diferent website techs.

i think if you could have a section for reme wife swaping then you would have more traffic through your site........... :arrow: :idea: :D
 
#16
SpannerSpanker said:
Easier ways of getting the brownie points fella, like being able to do your trade for one thing.... :p
Since when does that get you brownie points for promotion boards?......... I thought you had to be a fast runner to get promoted!!!!

The site looks good, but again it does exactly the same as this, and if you want to keep in touch with old friends, everybody seems to be using facebook, it has direct push service to your mobile phone / blackberry etc!!
 
#17
Hmm, been away rock climbing for a couple o days, so hadnt seen this shit on there lol. Deleted now. As its only in testing mode at the minute, not everything is final. But cheers for the comments. And to whoever said am I going tiffy lol. Im a crafty TSS lol.
 
#19
Mmm.

It looks like you are not moderating messages before they are posted. I'm sure VMs, for instance, don't want to read forums on cures for Chronic Yeast Infections !!

You are in danger of dumbing down the purpose of the site, and I'm afraid at the moment it looks like a Spam inbox.

My advice, get to grips with forum adminstration, vet your new members carefully.

If anyone wants sex advice they will go to Dr Ruth, not craftynet
 
#20
Lol, I know, The spam came from nowhee and got out of control very quickly, the subscription for the hosting runs out in February, I'm afraid im going to let it die. Nice Idea whilst it lasted lol. Maybe in the future.
 

Latest Threads