Craftsperson?

A bit like "Backload this work to ABRO because there's no training value in it."

"So you lose the capability of performing the most basic of tasks?"

Slow hand clap.
Are you sure you ain't me? Do we have an expanding waistline and receding hairline? :grin:
I've argued against this absolute nonsense for ages and it fell on out of touch ears for ages. I have heard that this policy is being quietly rodded off, it may only be because Babycocks can't handle what it's bitten off but at least it's a move in the right direction. Strange though the right direction is almost always found after a U turn of recent policy, proving that the original ill thought cuntery should never have been implemented in the first place...........

Are you sure you ain't me? Do we have an expanding waistline and receding hairline? :grin:
I've argued against this absolute nonsense for ages and it fell on out of touch ears for ages. I have heard that this policy is being quietly rodded off, it may only be because Babycocks can't handle what it's bitten off but at least it's a move in the right direction. Strange though the right direction is almost always found after a U turn of recent policy, proving that the original ill thought cuntery should never have been implemented in the first place...........
I think the reaction from every Artisan SSgt down was the same.

Tiffs upwards were glad to reduce their vor hours without a glance at the falling skill levels in their Fitter Sections.

As for the shambles that BATUS WRP became, don't get me started.

As is the reply "Fcuk off cnut, and fix your own kit"
Oi mate my kit is broken and is doing X, I think it is because of Y

Do one, when you have been to Bordon I might listen to you

NemoIII

War Hero
It's this sort of bollocks and self-serving policy change that has changed The Corps from a fairly dynamic repair agency to a bloated unskilled morass.

LADs still seem to be filled with well trained tradesman. The worst tradesman are sent to Bns to be left to do absolutely nothing.

Vehicles are starting to become that complex that seniors haven't got a clue how to repair them and it's upto the Juniors to get it done.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Oi mate my kit is broken and is doing X, I think it is because of Y

Do one, when you have been to Bordon I might listen to you
"As you obviously know everything about this, you'll have no problem sorting it yourself will you?"

"As you obviously know everything about this, you'll have no problem sorting it yourself will you?"
Right now, Who's turn is it to deal

I never met a woman who didn’t like or mind being called Craftsman, it’s NOT a gender thing, it’s a trade description, an appointment that singles the REME out as tradesmen/women.
As usual REME huarache have got it wrong again, leave our Corp, it’s traditions and it’s history alone you bunch of chinless, overthinking bally nitwits!

Of course it's not the juniors asking for change, and you are correct in that at least one serving lass thinks it's a waste of time. Can you think back to when you were a young soldier, you wouldn't have asked for a change like this, crikey, you wouldn't have asked for any changes, you would have just done what you were told and got on with it, same as I did.

I agree again that this has nothing to do with serving soldiers, it's an officer making a name, showing how cool and diversive they can be. Putting out 'feeler' letters, or a letter in the Craftsman magazine (oooh, will that name have to be changed as well?) is a waste of time. A referendum in the military? I think not. High command will do as they see fit and that'll be the end of the matter.
Somewhere on the REME Faceache page, (no I don’t subscribe) it mentions the Crafty mag, suggesting it will change its name to the Artisan, which, as an ex-artisan, I both love and hate. My view is this is some chinless tw@ trying to show how great he is now he’s been on his diversity course.

J
Somewhere on the REME Faceache page, (no I don’t subscribe) it mentions the Crafty mag, suggesting it will change its name to the Artisan, which, as an ex-artisan, I both love and hate. My view is this is some chinless tw@ trying to show how great he is now he’s been on his diversity course.
The last Crafty mag I got is the one showing my discharge. At that point I immediately lost interest.

Having said that, I still have my Artisan dust coat. Give me a clipboard and I'll instantly be 9 years younger.

J

The last Crafty mag I got is the one showing my discharge. At that point I immediately lost interest.

Having said that, I still have my Artisan dust coat. Give me a clipboard and I'll instantly be 9 years younger.
Artisan dust coat , now that brings back memories. I can’t remember the last time I looked at a Crafty mag, but it was a good while before I got out. Strikes me that they were mostly read by Tiffy’s hunting through them to see if their next chocolate medal was imminent or they had been awarded the pie chart of the week competition.
pass me another can of bitter will ya

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Minon
Job jobbed

a728e31cb7f194fc0f72fff65322284f.jpg
I’ve got that picture on my workshop door now. :slow: