Craftsperson?

For the REME, I think that "Critter" may work. Gender neutral, and mostly accurate.

As much as I think REME officers have nothing better to do, it’s only really a matter of time...
Is it ironic, however, that use of terms ‘Craftsman’ and ‘Craftswoman’ (similarly riflewoman/Gunneress/Sapperina) give the opportunity to distinguish?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Minon
Job jobbed

a728e31cb7f194fc0f72fff65322284f.jpg

’oi’ is generic.

Brewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Biiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Form filling would take longer though, unless abbreviated to B_B.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I don't see why 'Technician' can't cover it. Reverting to 'Private' (Although we were called that until we passed initial trade training) just seems lazy.

Although, I have seen the original notification that the Mail refers to, it is not an official notice and it isn't signed off by anybody other than "Colonel REME"

I'll dig it out.

ETA:

REME notice.jpg

exspy

LE
Royal Signals had signalman and now it's signaller. It doesn't take a genius to sort out.
Really? I can remember being advised in no uncertain terms the difference between a Signalman and a signaller.

A Signalman was a member of the Royal corps. A signaller was a trade for those who handled radios outside of said Corps. Never to be confused or conflated.

This was a wind up in The Craftsman one April edition, well they said it was in the May issue

Latest Threads