Craftsman the film

Discussion in 'REME' started by David Powell, Jun 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn't he have just changed the colour of the mine tape on his wagon and offered to help?

2. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Well it is slightly better than the ones made for training purposes. I remember seeing a movie on SADCHAP sighting a workshop. It revolved around some officer poncing about 9mm pistol in hand being followed around by a few overweight SNCOs cammed and tooled up to the nuggins. 80s vintage as I remember it.

3. IIRC, the film was called "Let's Crack On". Featuring 6 Armd Wksp and the OC (sadly deceased in an RTA during Granby) whose favorite expression was .... Let's crack on. I seem to remember some painfully luvvy types and an SSVC minder spending a week or so with the MRG during one of the major BAOR FTXs. I've still got a scar on my scalp from the tin hat. And, no, the 9mm wasn't wooden! I must see whether I still have a copy in the garage.

4. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Thats the one.

5. Cash? Not REME then! A couple of yellow handbags should sort it.

6. Last shown in my unit, 2011?
    Who was the German farmer willing to let everyone set up on his land- And why was he still wearing his Wehrmacht cap?

7. If you find yourself in the Corps Sgts' Mess on a night when the Assoc Old Boys are in, speak to Wally (Harris MM) personally about the occassion - you walk away truely inspired and humbled - at 90 years old he still chats up my mrs!

8. a film about playing cards, coffee breaks, darts, naafi wagon, coffee breaks again, fry ups, awaiting spares?

Sounds great....

9. FYI, Wally has just died..........

10. It is with great sadness that i report that Wally Harris MM passed away on 12th June 2014. God rest his soul!