Cracking versions of cracking songs

Aren't they amazing? There's one of an American voice coach hearing Bruce Dickinson for the first time (supposedly first time, Bruce Dickinson is one of the most famous people in the world of music)
The Ken levigne one? really funny seeing him try not to swear.

One I do like is this fella. Not a reaction so much as an analysis. He has done a few maiden songs now and will be doing more. Nice to watch him realise how cleverly this stuff is crafted.

'City Kids' I think I heard the Motorhead version before the Pink Fairies one. Think I prefer the Pink Fairies. One of the best intro's ever to City Kids...." 'Ello......alright? Alright, City Kids.. I thang yew."

and Motorhead (not remastered)
There is an Acid jazz version of Motorhead

which is is er...
...vaguely funny

Thank You @blunt scalpel .

Apropos of nothing, I once got off with a half-Greek girl (called Dorothy!) who was very impressed by my knowledge of Alexander The Great. I have read up since, but at that time my knowledge was limited to the last track of Somewhere in Time. Thank You, Steve Harris for your diligent research. :)

Sometimes these people overthink, though. While it can be interesting to hear their views and analyses, sometimes you just wanna listen to what is being said, and listen to the music, handles. Where Eagles Dare was a big boot in the face. Coming after Beast was a big act to follow. BOOM! It blew me away.

"DAD! Where Eagles Dare!" What an introduction to Nicko McBrain. Drumming imitating the gunfire.

"D major?" I respect his technical knowledge, but it's IRON MAIDEN, Listen, you fool! :D

I don't know what you mean, care to enlighten me?

This, for example

I kinda get what Large Oilrig is trying to do (and this is by far not the worst example). Noble effort and all that.

I want Metallica to be drinking beer, swearing at me and asking me to sing "SEEK AND DESTROY!" I want to be going home drenched in sweat and temporarily deaf.

When I was at school, Heart played in Belfast. I had never been to a rock concert before. School arranged it for those of us interested. About 30 of us went. We got to meet the band, as we were a school party. Our music teacher, the (now) late Mr Lynas said "And we have budding guitarists among us! "Andrew (me) and Colin." We looked like Beavis & Butt-Head in our double denims, but Nancy Wilson hugged both of us.

I kinda get what Large Oilrig is trying to do (and this is by far not the worst example). Noble effort and all that.

I want Metallica to be drinking beer, swearing at me and asking me to sing "SEEK AND DESTROY!" I want to be going home drenched in sweat and temporarily deaf.

Yep, point taken, not my thing at all, that does smack of someone disappearing up their own chuff. An orchestra doing a cover, fair enough, but the band with an orchestra, no.

I must admit I am not a fan of piece of mind, I like many of the tracks but the sound of the album grates, the guitar sound is strangely mixed and I find the whole thing a bit "wooden" and lacking the flow of other albums.

Next time you are playing round on youtube if you get bored have a search for "StephLeGratteux iron maiden full cover" it is not band abut a bunch of musicians who cover various bands to amuse themselves. Some of the vocalists are not great but a couple are good but they musicianship and production is generally very good and they do some of the interesting stuff that you don't hear getting covered very often.

Still listen to the odd bit of heart, I still like 'em.

Last edited:
This, for example

When I was at school, Heart played in Belfast. I had never been to a rock concert before. School arranged it for those of us interested. About 30 of us went. We got to meet the band, as we were a school party. Our music teacher, the (now) late Mr Lynas said "And we have budding guitarists among us! "Andrew (me) and Colin." We looked like Beavis & Butt-Head in our double denims, but Nancy Wilson hugged both of us.
Creeping Death would be better, back to the real stuff!!!

Polyester

War Hero

Can‘t recommend this enough.

Last edited:
I absolutely love this.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Stiff Little Fingers covering The Specials "Doesn't Make It Alright".

You may now close the thread.

Kirkz

LE

Latest Threads