Cracked: Five Deadliest Soldiers Ever

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
So, you consider Rambo or Chuck Norris ridiculous, eh?

Think again.

Compared to these lads - a Finnish sniper called "The White Death" with over 700 kills...a mad Indian who took out an MG bunker with his bare hands after climbing a mountain and getting shot 10 times...a commando who took out a Jerry mortar position with a Claymore and....oh shag it, read the rest yourelves - they are Little Lord Fautleroy.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

vvaannmmaann said:
What,no Brits getting mentioned? We must have somone we could put up?
Mad Jack Churchill?

Churchill's basically a crazier, Scottish version of Kilgore.

iamalondoncrab

War Hero
They missed out how Mad Jack also carried a longbow. I can't remember exactly how many Germans he killed with it, but it was quite a lot (30 or so).

iamalondoncrab said:
Editted for double-posting :oops:
Anders Lasson used a longbow in the raid on the Channel Islands

March_Hare

Old-Salt
I remember posting Churchill up here before on a previous thread on the eccentric British officer. I don't think the man was even a Scot, so that explains the claymore and bagpipes.

I hadn't heard before that he captured the German squad and mortar team with his claymore but just with the help of a trust Lance Corporal sidekick. The story doesn't really need to be embellished with the inclusion of a sword to be fair. However they do seem to have missed out his use of a longbow in the war.

March_Hare

Old-Salt
iamalondoncrab said:
They missed out how Mad Jack also carried a longbow. I can't remember exactly how many Germans he killed with it, but it was quite a lot (30 or so).
I don't know, however I do know that on one commando raid he shot a German sergeant with it (or the equivalent of) as the signal to attack.

March_Hare said:
iamalondoncrab said:
I don't know, however I do know that on one commando raid he shot a German sergeant with it (or the equivalent of) as the signal to attack.
Can you imagine how that bloke must have felt, shot with a fcuking bow and arrow almost half way through the 20th century. Lying there with a big arrow sticking out of you, while your fellow countrymen were firing big fcuk off rockets at london. You couldn't make it up.

brummieboy1 said:
March_Hare said:
iamalondoncrab said:
Can you imagine how that bloke must have felt, shot with a fcuking bow and arrow almost half way through the 20th century. Lying there with a big arrow sticking out of you, while your fellow countrymen were firing big fcuk off rockets at london. You couldn't make it up.
Whats the difference, Bayonet or spear