Cracked: Five Deadliest Soldiers Ever

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
So, you consider Rambo or Chuck Norris ridiculous, eh?

Think again.

Compared to these lads - a Finnish sniper called "The White Death" with over 700 kills...a mad Indian who took out an MG bunker with his bare hands after climbing a mountain and getting shot 10 times...a commando who took out a Jerry mortar position with a Claymore and....oh shag it, read the rest yourelves - they are Little Lord Fautleroy.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

vvaannmmaann said:
What,no Brits getting mentioned? We must have somone we could put up?
Mad Jack Churchill?

Churchill's basically a crazier, Scottish version of Kilgore.

They missed out how Mad Jack also carried a longbow. I can't remember exactly how many Germans he killed with it, but it was quite a lot (30 or so).

iamalondoncrab said:
Editted for double-posting :oops:
Anders Lasson used a longbow in the raid on the Channel Islands

I remember posting Churchill up here before on a previous thread on the eccentric British officer. I don't think the man was even a Scot, so that explains the claymore and bagpipes.

I hadn't heard before that he captured the German squad and mortar team with his claymore but just with the help of a trust Lance Corporal sidekick. The story doesn't really need to be embellished with the inclusion of a sword to be fair. However they do seem to have missed out his use of a longbow in the war.

iamalondoncrab said:
They missed out how Mad Jack also carried a longbow. I can't remember exactly how many Germans he killed with it, but it was quite a lot (30 or so).
I don't know, however I do know that on one commando raid he shot a German sergeant with it (or the equivalent of) as the signal to attack.

March_Hare said:
iamalondoncrab said:
I don't know, however I do know that on one commando raid he shot a German sergeant with it (or the equivalent of) as the signal to attack.
Can you imagine how that bloke must have felt, shot with a fcuking bow and arrow almost half way through the 20th century. Lying there with a big arrow sticking out of you, while your fellow countrymen were firing big fcuk off rockets at london. You couldn't make it up.

brummieboy1 said:
March_Hare said:
iamalondoncrab said:
Can you imagine how that bloke must have felt, shot with a fcuking bow and arrow almost half way through the 20th century. Lying there with a big arrow sticking out of you, while your fellow countrymen were firing big fcuk off rockets at london. You couldn't make it up.
Whats the difference, Bayonet or spear

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
supermatelot Mobile Phones 49
greyfergie The NAAFI Bar 26
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 15