Crack Ho

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Oct 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay.. I mean how do I get in on these cons - er , I mean, artistic endeavours?

And who the hell are the numptys who buy into this crap and toss the cash on the table so that they can lay claim to being 'patron and connisieur'?

damn... Doris Salcedo a Colombian ' artist ' spent six months and $ 600,000 US to ' create' a crack in the floor of the Tate Modern in London..

The 'sculpture ' is called Shibboleth [ catchy that, guess the first thing you have to do is come up with some fancy label that gets the moneyed set nodding 'sagely' ] starts as a hairline fracture and runs for 167 metres widening to 30 centmetres. A f**kin hole in the floor of the Turbine Hall at the Tate for people to ooh at and trip over with their cheese crackers and glasses of overpriced plonk as they nod ' knowingly ' while reading the accompanying pamphlet that ' splains it all to the unwashed.

Seems the crack in the floor is ' aimed at highlighting divisions in society ' or some such drivel..

maybe, if I come up with a ' deep ' name and a fancy' reason for it' I can flog my old dryer lint to the Victoria and Albert or the Louvre..

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

More like trip into.

Apparantly at least three people have already been injured wilst viewing it!
    (Source R4 news)
  3. Being a Paddy I know several dodgy builders who can do that for you at a considerably cheaper price. And they'd probably throw in a badly tarmaced driveway or two as well while they're at it.
  4. I'll give you $500,000 for the "Lint from a Skint Git". I've already sold the concept for three quarters of a mil to the "Art" idjuts in Toronto. Wait till I throw in my dry smelly sock lint - ka-ching ka-fcukin ching.
  5. I knocked a hole in my bathroom wall after a night on the piss by accident. How much do you think the Tate would buy it for? I'll say it's "aimed at highlighting the life of a squaddie".
  6. its a touching portrayal of the fractured society, through the eyes of a squaddie. itll sell better if it has a 'message'
  7. Do I detect some jealousy that you didn't think of it first? :D

PS. I have a slightly cracked piece of wood holding up my verandah. I'll call it "Distressed Wood". Offers to me c/o my bank in the Cayman Islands... :D
  8. Cracks in the floor? Bring back the supercool giant silver helterskelters in the Tate's Turbine Hall - that's proper art.
  9. And 'Elf n' Safety haven't shut it down yet? 8O
  10. They probably think a hint of danger adds to the art :roll: