Crabs strike again!!!

Only the other day an RAF pilot tried taking off in his Merlin, with only 1 of his 3 engines running.......oooooooppppppssss!!!!1 :thumright:

Let's start pointing fingers, shall we? No Army pilot has EVER done anything like this, now have we? :sweatdrop:

Flash tries that in a Gazelle on a regular basis.....

Druggie :D

Come on Cloudbuster..... you only flew the twins as there wasn't enough power in a Gaz to lift your derby off the deck :D :D :D

So is Flash........ he's having Quiche

You may notice I said "like this". I know of a number of pilots who have tried all sorts of things in their Lynx in the heat of the moment, a good way to get on is to trash a gearbox for example. All I'm saying that it's easy to criticise, a recent thread on PPRUNE alluding to an alleged Lynx blade stike last year being an example.

Rheinstorff said:
Probably not; when was the last time the AAC operated an aircraft with 3 engines?
ooooooh someones tired

C

cloudbuster

SamCaine said:
I know of a number of pilots who have tried all sorts of things in their Lynx in the heat of the moment..........
Er, guilty as charged, m'lud. :oops:

That wasn't heat of the moment, that was down to being crap :D :D :D

Not sure what you've done to warrant these snipes..... but I like it so won't stop :D

C

cloudbuster

Thanks, MDN, now I know why I was only ever allowed out with an adult sat next to me. The stunning lack of ability has been explained, I'll sleep much more easily in future. My saviour.

cloudbuster said:
now I know why I was only ever allowed out with an adult sat next to me.
At least you were allowed out...... I was kept in the cam net store under lock and key, occasionally fed and watered

C

cloudbuster

From what I recall, the door was never locked, you just couldn't untangle yourself from the nets. Missed so many games of uckers, you did. We tried to rescue you, honest we did.

Uckers??? Pah.... what chance did a J/Nco have of getting near the Uckers board with Sumo flight lurking.

Cheating six throwing b@stards...

C

cloudbuster

It was the old 'quantity/quality' equation at work - quantity has a quality all of it's own. 664 never really came to terms with having to work with old, bold, fat, grumpy Supa-twin drivers, did it?

cloudbuster said:
664 never really came to terms with having to work with old, bold, fat, grumpy Supa-twin drivers, did it?
I don't know, I think you've beautifully summed up the squadron :D