Crabs new website.

C

cloudbuster

Flagged it up in NAAFI BAR some time ago, hoping to get some response. Result? Nada.

Has anyone else been blocked from viewing this? Saw the forums this morning, but now I've just got "You do not have permission to access from this server".
Huh?

C

cloudbuster

For some strange reason, the crabs are reluctant to allow outsiders to offer advice or critisism. So ultimately, when they've finished patting themselves on the back for providing a wonderful service, or griping about the lack of posting opportunities, they'll resort to in-fighting and back-stabbing amongst themselves. That's when the site will get interesting!

I logged on there web site , i stated that i was an arrse regular but wished them the best of luck and what do they do ? f@@king ban me . I went there with an open mind , i wished them luck thinking it would be somewhere to post the odd thing . No wonder the RAF are hated more than the RMP what a bunch of up there on arrse knobbers . They can shove there gay day sack, blue cagole, stupid shaped beret , inflated egos up the much f@@ked arrses .God i hate the arrogant t@@ts . Why are they so arrogant when only a few of them ever pass the ''FLOT'' . Wan@ers !!!!!!

recce, before you go wading in, I think the site may be down at the moment. Even the crabs cant get in. Give it another 70 years and they may have their shite in one pile. :wink:

Badger_lady said:
Has anyone else been blocked from viewing this? Saw the forums this morning, but now I've just got "You do not have permission to access from this server".
Huh?
Same this afternoon, either the site was down or its not DII- friendly!

They won't let me in either. Very exclusive club the RAF. they won't let just anybody in. What if you are a regular user of Arrse but a member of the junior service? presumably you would be banned, just for using this site.

From wobbly (RAF Rumour boss bloke).

It will indeed be back by the end of the week, on fully hosted webspace and with a host that doesnt think that using the word arsse is a breach of terms and conditions.

Cheers

AE2001D3

Aka Wobbly

I'm not sure if I should be putting this in here, but as it's crabs we're discussing, it kind of fits.

I’ve just finished reading a book written by an ex crab storeman who served during GW1.
It’s full of thrills and tales of great excitements as in the time when they saw a missile and then the time when they ran out of aircrew socks.
Actually, It's terrible, really badly written Walt rubbish.
bits of it are unintentionally funny, like the fact that he keeps referring to himself as a ‘soldier’ (inferiority complex?).

The front cover shows him in US DPM ( for some reason!) and clutching a pair of binoculars while peering away into the middle distance looking moody.
Silly crab Walt.

PS, the books called Anxiety of War by R*bert M*ggs, if you come across it , read it purely for the comedy.

Issimondias said:
I'm not sure if I should be putting this in here, but as it's crabs we're discussing, it kind of fits.

I’ve just finished reading a book written by an ex crab storeman who served during GW1.
It’s full of thrills and tales of great excitements as in the time when they saw a missile and then the time when they ran out of aircrew socks.
Actually, It's terrible, really badly written Walt rubbish.
bits of it are unintentionally funny, like the fact that he keeps referring to himself as a ‘soldier’ (inferiority complex?).

The front cover shows him in US DPM ( for some reason!) and clutching a pair of binoculars while peering away into the middle distance looking moody.
Silly crab Walt.

PS, the books called Anxiety of War by R*bert M*ggs, if you come across it , read it purely for the comedy.
Great thanks for that Issimondias
You dont like many books you read. Why read them then.................. remember this

My first literary review, I feel like a proud father Laughing Laughing

This is possibly one of the worst books I have ever read.
The author has made a series of appalling gaffes regarding equipment, vehicles and dates.
It is obvious that the author has just chosen various bits of kit used by the Army over the last 50 years and has just scattered them throughout the book in a random manner.
He has C-130 Hercules in the 1950's, Mk 7 Lynx top covering Scout Helicopters in the 70's, the Army Air Corps flying Wessex, Royal Marines using their own Gazelles in NI. In case you're wondering, all of these are wrong. In one of the worst displays of confusion, he has regular British Army troops carrying M16 rifles on one page, they then switch to using SA 80's on the next page and then bizarrely they switch to Lee Enfield 303's.
The author's sense of geography is shocking- ' sitting in Redhill, Surrey overlooking the Hereford countryside'?

My pet hate however is that the Author insists that REME stands for Rear Echelon Mother F***er . Apart from the fact that it blatantly and obviously does not, I don't really think that 2 British Army Privates in the 1940's would be familiar with this Vietnam era slang.

This is just another 'jump on the bandwagon and stick a winged dagger on the front cover' book

According to Amazon this book is
"an account of an airman assigned a duty beyond imagination. The reason I found myself in Saddam Hussein".

Its also described as an "emotional rollercoaster" which, from the above synopsis, would seem to be fair comment