Crabs.....Making shit up since April's fool day 1918

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wet_blobby, Aug 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Worlds Crabs have been making shit up and claiming reflected glory ever since the 100 year experiment started on April fools day 1918. So, I thought a thread shooting them down in flames was in order. I'll start off with a few examples of the claims they've made or the claims the media have made after being prompted by the RAF PR Dept.

The First Big Lie.......

The RAF was formed on the 1st April 1918, they couldn't even manage a month without making shit up, on the 21st of April two or three Aussie pongo's called Popkins, Buei and Evans shot down the Red Baron whilst he was chasing a RAF aircraft at low level across their lines. An ex Canadian Naval Aviator who'd just become part of the new RAF (as they all had) Called Roy Brown was credited with the "Kill".

Another lie.....

John "Cats Eyes" Cunningham.

A very good and successful Night fighter pilot during the battle of Britain, ended the war with 20 "Kills", 19 at night. That fibbing bastard and the bloody RAF PR machine condemned millions of kids from 1940 to 1980 with the curse of eating carrots because "it's good for your eyes, they help you see in the dark"..... *******. His success was helped by the fledgling Radar system not bloody carrots.

Latest one.....

Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon. Widely reported on his death as being "ex Airforce" NOT EX NAVAL AVIATOR, reflected glory seeking tossers, Ok, the media said it but the airforce wasn't champing at the bit to correct them.

Over to you folks, what else can we slag them down for?
  2. Being unutterably gay.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.
  3. You need to get out more

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

And also being "Utterly, utterly useless..."
  5. Having the word Police in Royal Air Force Police, instead of RAF Barrier Operations
    • Like Like x 3
  6. You have confused the Snow drops for the Rock apes there mate!
  7. Who are you accusing of being a bit Wimpy?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You are Sharkey Ward, and I claim my 50p.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Crabs - believing their own hype.
  10. Never, ever being on time. Many's the day I sat at a pad waiting for friggin hours to be told ' your serial is cancelled due to mist, period pains. Whatever. Great when you are sitting with 14 days growth of beard and need for a hot* shower and beer, not necessarily in that order. So you sit being eaten alive by jungle creatures while the prancing chopper flying ***** retire to a hotel leaving you in the jungle. Twats

* hot showers just a dream
  11. RAF Regt., on continuous ops since 1941.

How they were formed after the Army failed to defend some airfields in Crete, I could go on.....
  12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Not shooting down a single (enemy) plane since 1945 - but claiming a good few of those shot down by the RN.

And no, I'm not Sharku Ward, but I share his view of the sideways scuttlers.
  13. If they could they would add another century!
  14. Another little Crab air giggle..... The "No fly day".... pulled out of nowhere just to confuse the terrorists (Paddy) Always on a weekend or Friday leaving the lads to keep on yomping and spend another day or so out in the field.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. If the RSS feed continues in the way it does the RAF may finally be credited with some kills for the first time in 60+ years, granted they will be from exploding heads but surely they will still count.
    • Like Like x 1