Crabs loose practice bomb, please check your garden !

Silly sods, I wonder if there is a reward if I find it in the garden at first light ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7027059.stm

"Even if the practice bomb survived the fall, we would stress it is highly unlikely to represent a significant danger to the public" unless it fugging hit you !

"A spokesman for RAF Lossiemouth said anyone who found it should contact the police" who will do exactly what should they turn up....
WW

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ooops :oops:

Still - sh*t happens.

wheelchairwarrier said:
Silly sods, I wonder if there is a reward if I find it in the garden at first light ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7027059.stm

"Even if the practice bomb survived the fall, we would stress it is highly unlikely to represent a significant danger to the public" unless it fugging hit you !

"A spokesman for RAF Lossiemouth said anyone who found it should contact the police" who will do exactly what should they turn up....
WW
contact 11 reg EOD ops room.

Do you think the pilot said "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, boom!!" ;)

Surely there is actually no HE in them? Hence being blue. Thus why call EOD or worry about touching it?

Just put the fcuker on the mantlepiece.

Totally inconsequential but my Gran got blown out of her bed by the Luftwaffe....she maintained, until she died, that Adolf had her on his list 'cos she worked in munitions.

As this latest incident happened in Scotland, (I presume), let me tell crab air.....the old lady died in 1982....so leave her alone!

eBay? Someone will probably be taking it down to the scrap metal merchants and making some money out of it more likely.

i always though this kind of thing was fairly common dont they have a form that gets filled out post flight for thing that have fallen off, i have heard of a couple of instances where the pilot has mistakenly hit the jetison stores button, one was navy one raf. although it could have been bs.

I_G

im wondering if a jock is thinking to him slef
"nou weres me ca? im sur i paked it by da wee hous, now dis hol wonnie der befar"*

and in english
"now where is my car? im sure i parked it by that house, now this hole wasnt here before"

* sorry my jock isnt 100% maybe someone can correct it?

"Even if the practice bomb survived the fall, we would stress it is highly unlikely to represent a significant danger to the public"
Really? Them things are bloody dangerous, the flash/smoke composition within it is designed to give indication of functioning at the desired target. This is observed from a distance so the explosive would be sufficient to maim if not kill.

Fecking tossbag press and/or the RAF have given the public false reasurrance. I wish they would get into the habit of saying all munitions should be considered dangerous and not touched.

G

Green_Garfield

Bloody aircrew, thats what you get when you give officers to many buttons to push

my worry is due to defence cuts will the bean counters risk letting them have another to play with ever again.