crabs bomb old folk

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mini_rq, Jan 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'Biggles' missed as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Thank f*ck :D

2. He should be grateful he didn't have to say it in fcuking Russian or German.

Emergency landing and the locals are worried about cow sheds?

Whinging tw@ts.

3. I was going to mention the need for low flying for training etc then a thought struck me...

What's the difference between the fuel tank coming off at 30,000 feet or 300 feet? It would still have fallen off (we assume). Trying to use this as a lever for even more restrictions on necessary low level flying is absurd. Any incident like this is regrettable and the fact that it's happened before raises questions about design or maintenance, but it makes my blood boil when they start using these arguments.

4. At least it wasn't Ordnance :lol:

5. Not the first time its happened
    The RAF lost one when I was at school (15-20 years ago). Discovered by a farmer who phoned up the RAF and qouted the numbers on it, they said it was a Harrier drop tank but they were not aware they had lost one....
    Came and collected it fairly sharpish!

6. He should be glad that he has a story to tell the kiddies now about how A "German" Jump jet dropped a 10 foot long "Bomb" that just missed him whilst he was riding his bike. Useless old cnut!

7. A USAF jet from Lakenheath dropped a practice bomb just after take-off only a couple of years ago. This was, I believe, caused by pilot error (ooops, wrong switch). Surely this is far more worrying. I believe it was a solid bomb (no explosives) and landed in a farmer's field. It would have been within the last 2 1/2 years as that's how long I've been in east anglia *adds more layers of clothing to his shivering body*

8. Wuss.
    It's barmy out side, it didn't even snow properly this morning.

9. Quote "The pilot was surprised the tank came off," Yeah right!!!
    How many effin STI's and SI's, for the wonderful GEC Marconi, Stores Management System on the tonka to work properly?
    Base 10 did a good system, only it would have shown up all the "inadvertant switch operations" i.e. spy in the cab

10. there was a sprinkling of snow this morning when I walked to norwich city centre... it's nowhere near as cold as it could be, I know
    I've just spent three weeks in the tropics of Reading, so not quite so used to the siberian winds up here.
    Stanta last year in the snow was f***ing freezing, was so glad we got to spend an evening in eastmere village (a part time soldier in the snow is not a happy solider :p)

Anyway I digress. The best place for USAF to drop a bomb on is probably around lakenheath. Lots of empty ground and who'd notice if some of those villages disappeared? Perhaps would help the area lose the association with the soham girls?

It'd be business as usual for USAF to be bombing the brits, bit of a shock when it's brit on brit

11. Not as Surprised as the old boy I bet.

12. A Jaguar dropped a 'soon not to be full' one on takeoff three-quarters down the runway at Lossi a few years back, made a right mess of the piano keys when the Avgas melted the tarmac 8O

Pilot got a swim and earned his Martin Baker tie-pin when he left the aircraft and hitched a lift back from a SAR that happend to be on ex in the area.

Think he was back on base for the 'no coffee' interview before the fish realised they had a new 'Jaguar' home thanks to crab air! :lol:

13. I agree!

14. If it fell from 30,000 feet it would of made a fcuking big hole or exploded, the real reason that it fell off is proberly because they wanted to get back for tea or it was raining.