Crabs and Public Duties

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by demobbed, May 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll post this in here because I know it'll only go down hill. Have bog standard RAF REGT SQNS ever done public duties, or is that only reserved for the Queen's Colour Squadron? The reason I ask is that there is a bloke at work (ex Rockape) who claims to have stagged on at Clarance House and then been invited inside to have tea and toast with the Queen Mum!!! I nearly fell off my forklift when he said that. He's mentioned a few times what SQN he was with, and it wasn't the Colour SQN.
  2. No, only QCS carry out public duties.
  3. Cheers for that. Time to start some piss taking.
  4. Piss taking cos a rock ape ends up being a forks driver in b and q ?
  5. It's a step up from RAF Reg.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The ex- Rockape is now an H&S Hitler.
  7. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Please remember that the Queens's Colour Squadron is also numbered as 63 Sqn RAF Regiment
  8. "Oi, bend the knees and a straight back when yer liftin' that barrier!"
  9. Tea and toast? Surely it would have been Earl Grey and finger nibbles!
  10. Nice to see the RAF are still pushing H+S nazi as been the best job in the world, Im sure the resettlement officers get a back hander for that one.
  11. RAF Regiment has a dedicated ceremonial unit, the QCS. It is this that represents the RAF whenever it provides the Queen's Guard.
  12. A public duties walt? Tremendous. It's the gift that keeps giving this site. No, really.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gin and the Racing Post, surely ???
  14. Aye! I was mistaking the Queen Mother for Brenda!
  15. Oh cool, a pissing contest as to claims of stagging on outside a posh ladies house. OP, I'm hoping you can claim bragging rights here because they're really fucking major ones, you'll be dining out on this for years to come.