Crab lineys

During GW1 there was a letter in the RAF News from some SWO in the UK complaining that the lads photoed prepping a Tornado looked like a bunch of pirates, where was their military pride etc? - it was followed up by letter from an old boy who'd been OC Eng for one of the Desert Airforce squadrons during WW2, he said back then he didn't give a toss what 'his boys' looked like as long as they got the job done - and they inevitably did. Som people confuse 'looking military' with 'doing the job'

Looks like a fine body of Airmen wearing issue kit in the way that only lineys can...totally adapted and almost but not quite totally different from the way it was when issued from the duvet consultants storage area. At least they look uniform from a distance...two or three miles perhaps?

Crack on guys!

Why did a tune by the Village People pop into my head when I saw that pic..?

walt_of_the_walts said:
Members of a military organisation?
At least they are on ops you civilian trombone playing bottom toucher.

They may only be crabs but at least they are in HM Forces and on tour.

Are you/have you?

If the answer is no to both of those; fuck off civvy.

I think they look pretty good... matching T-Shirts and all that.

Should have seen us on 56 Sqn in Cyprus back in the stone ages... Never seen so many ways of wearing KD shorts in such an unmilitary fashion ! :) In fact, from memory, as soon as we got to work, the typical dress was bondu boots, KD shorts and that's it... Oh, and lots of Hawian tropic :)

Sammers.

As long as they keep turning the jets, who cares.

Anyone ever got the hump with a gun crew dressed in speedos and shades while getting the rounds down................... thought not.

They look imaculate-- for lineys, obviously a posed photo. I have seen lineys, mostly on detachment who looked a lot worse, but the pilots did not complain, neither did the Squadron Commander, because the lineys got the job done.

TLF, you certainly have a way with words! :wink:

The chap on the left looks like his keks are falling down and he's wearing a thong backwards !!

blindfire said:
PE4rocks said:
Why did a tune by the Village People pop into my head when I saw that pic..?
Because you are gay perhaps? :D
I'm obliged. Cnut :)

Walt-of-the-Walts,

Looking more camp than a boy scout jamboree....................Yes
A source of derision and fun-poking.....................................Yes
Proving that making shorts look good is a real challenge........Yes

Military personel on operations........Undoubtedly
More worthwhile than you.......have a good think about it. :x

WOTW, you're an idiot. You could have picked any witty pisstaking coment, which would have made this thread much better. But you felt you needed to doubt the commitment of these lineys to their cause. You're a cnut. Not a NAAFI bar cnut, an actually stupid worthless cnut.

Obviously the 2 Para boys I moved through Camp Bastion were always immaculately turned out :roll:

There is a time and a place for wearing the full kit and caboodle and looking smart and it is not when you're crawling all over a Tornado in 50 degrees and 80% humidity for hours at a time. I may not be a fan of tecchies and agree that they occupy some pseudo-military dream world and I am the first to correct them on their dress when appropriate, but desert ops is neither the time or the place.

Well said Bat Crab.

WOTW you're a cnut. If you'd served you'd know that forces personnel are going to close ranks against a stinking civvy anytime. Your little attempt at cleverness backfired on you a bit didn't it. Now if you'd started slagging off RAF Movers or snowdrops it may have been a different story.....

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
Members of a military organisation?
At least they are on ops you civilian trombone playing bottom toucher.
:puker: I dont think I like what you're suggesting old chap!

Bat_Crab said:
Obviously the 2 Para boys I moved through Camp Bastion were always immaculately turned out :roll:

There is a time and a place for wearing the full kit and caboodle and looking smart and it is not when you're crawling all over a Tornado in 50 degrees and 80% humidity for hours at a time. I may not be a fan of tecchies and agree that they occupy some pseudo-military dream world and I am the first to correct them on their dress when appropriate, but desert ops is neither the time or the place.
Why thank you...... :p
One good thing about being on op's is we dont have to take the bombs back off,the Growbags do that for us! :twisted: