Crab Fire Engine Catches Fire

How come the Mod RSS feed never carries little gems like this? I expect they'll be shouting from the rooftops when the driver earns the MM for pulling the thing over to the side of the road.

Rolf Harris has been commissioned to do the painting of the action. Order your print now.

How come the Mod RSS feed never carries little gems like this? I expect they'll be shouting from the rooftops when the driver earns the MM for pulling the thing over to the side of the road.
It takes time for them to convert the story into a heroic and desperate battle with insurgents you know.... have patience

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Did one of them set fire to his turnout coat to make it look like he'd had a close call?

I remember when one of the new (at the time) fire appliances in Episkopi being burnt and it was blamed on an electrical fault and not on being parked up and left while the fire outflanked the Defence fire service while they were not looking.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
In the middle of the night a few years back, a passing citizen ran up to the door of one of "my" fire stations and began pounding on the door. Firefighters rushed to the door thinking it was perhaps a medical emergency only to be told their fairly new appliance in the apparatus bay was ablaze. So bad was the situation, they had to ring the 911 centre for a response from the main station; heat and smoke was so thick they could not enter the bay where their SCBAs were located in any event. An investigation showed the assembly plant had neglected installing one or more nylon grommets where the cable harnesses passed through neighbouring equipment compartments. (This same circumstance happened in a few other fire departments through the country.) The result was a new engine on the factory. When the station was restored to service it had a fire detection and sprinkler system throughout.

Wrong-it was wearing a RN plate. I drove past this afternoon. Tried to take a cheeky pic but plod was not in the mood for sightseers.
I thought military registrations were no longer distinguished by service. It's 200 miles from the nearest RNAS and if it was heading to Withams, it must have been lost.

The diverted traffic was a total dog thrust. All the way from Stowmarket to Needham Market in 1st gear

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheLordFlasheart Aviation 2
RRBBaby Royal Air Force 10
dogmonkey Infantry 28