Crab Air saluting Blair

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cow, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

Have just seen Blair get off his Carb Air Jet at Northolt. Some RAF Bird chucked one up as he got off and as he drove off. As he doesn't hold a Queens commission, wtf?

2. Probabally misunderstood when told beforehand to give him a "two finger salute" by the base WO. :D

3. You have to, it's 'protocol' apparently, as is calling him sir. Whenever I have met a politician from an aircraft I have only ever referred to them as Mr Smith or Minister on a point of principle.

If its any consolation the DAMO at RAF Northolt is employed for the sole purpose of saluting a variety of VIPs, so he isn't wasting the time of anyone important :twisted:

4. Probably told not to chuck up on his shoes and misheard.

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

More to the point, why is he being flown about by the RAF when the Queen
    has to use BA. Are there none of the RAF Red Line left that are capable of crossing the Atlantc?

6. We've got a couple of BAe 146s somewhere, but BA is more comfortable and you get better service. Many years ago we used VC10s with a special Royal fit IIRC.

7. Someone wasn't paying attention during training- and it wasn't the "RAF bird".

8. Moreover, a 777 doesn't run out of fuel halfway between Iceland and Greenland.

9. Whats a DAMO

Thanks

10. It seems that he used a commercial chartered aircraft to fly North; http://www.adfero.co.uk/news/news/politics/blair-arrives-quit-speech-$473303.htm . I expect the Air Force 146 wasn't grand enough nor big enough for him. Remember all the fuss about him wanting to spend money on a Blair Force One?

The requirement to salute the Queen's Ministers (after all, she did appoint him) is most unpleasant because you can't even condition yourself to be saluting the uniform. At least the cnuts on his way out!

11. Wouldn't it be funny if she says "One thinks Gordons a cunt, I don't approve"

Roll on the coup!

12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Duty Air Movements Officer (apparently)

13. Duty Air Movements Officer

Bugger, too late

14. I wouldn't mind if they followed the Spams' example and sold seats in the back of the jet to journos. (IIRC, their organisations pay the equivalent of a 1st class commercial ticket.)

15. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Rarely seen, usually replaced with a spotty gwar SAC squeaking "scuse ranks".