crab air launch fashion range

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by brighton hippy, Mar 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please tell me this is some kind of wind up?
  2. no its for real piece in the guardian its high quality casual menswear with the RAF log and labels include information about the RAF's on going missions
    make the armys pt trainer look sane :thumbdown:
  3. Nice rugby shirt........... :thumleft:
  4. Oh, goody. I was wondering where I could get myself a new pair of shiney grey polyester trousers and some white socks. :D
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Nothing new here.The RAF has long been selling itwms like rugby shirts,tie pins exc with proceeds going to the RAFA.
  6. no this is the launch of an actual fashion brand by crab air not FEW RUGBY SHIRTS ITS AN ENTIRE FASHION RANGE OF HIGH QUALITY CLOTHING aimed at civis not just flogging a few t-shirts
  7. Spending so much time in the field, I guess the Army don't have much time for haute couture, but spare a thought for the crabs who have to look good in five star hotels.
  8. That's just as well considering you look bollocks in barracks, uniform and each others anuses.
  9. Didn't the RN introduce its own range as well recently or did I dream that ?
  10. Looks like the're going for the pink pound end of the market
  11. Will they be doing those Biggles style 'stiff extendable silk scarves' that Russ Abbott used to wear so stylishly?
  12. I rather think that this is - as predicted - the result of the MoD (rather than the RAF, AIUI) deciding that it could make money out of the roundel. Don't be too surprised if an range of FAA clothing follows once MoD works out that the roundel isn't just used by the RAF...

The MoD tried to get Ben Sherman to pay for using the roundel, spending a fair amount of money (wonder if anyone's FOI'd that?) taking them to court and losing. They then signed some sort of licencing agreement with the company that does the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to produce children's products; since the roundel is in use, it was always held that the RAF wings would be used for any MoD-sponsored (i.e. they get a fee) clothing to avoid the MoD getting into the position whereby Ben Sherman sued them for using the roundel.

The thing, is that if this works, don't be surprised to see the MoD enthusiastically trying to get other clothing ranges using badges, symbols, etc.

So we could end up with a range of sportswear with the cap-badge of the Paras as the logo; riding kit with the badge of a cavalry regiment, etc, etc. If anyone thinks I'm making this up, look at and

while the exploitation of the White Ensign was covered at:

(BTW, the Typhoon trainer, much lampooned on Pprune would seem not to have been a commercial success...)
  13. Where are the designer trainers for wearing with mess kit?????????
  14. Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Biggles..........