Crab air, crap decision's and priorities?

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by THESUNJOCK, Sep 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crab air and priorities

If its not the red arrows its the Falcons. Is this possibly a cunning plan to force these expensive crab air display teams to the top of the SDSR chopping block? If they are having an impact who is making these bone decision's?

RAF 'grounding SAS’ over parachute training - Telegraph

Covert SAS missions are under threat of being cut back after a dispute with the RAF that has led to a drastic drop in the number of troopers trained to parachute.

Could have used the right parachutes in the picture. not even LLP :)

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Is it not just the Bi annual "Nobody's Parachuting" story?

Perhaps the RAF are basing the planing officer on that officer from a Bridge to far

"It's not actually on this map it waaaayyy over here"

Edited to add why don't the SAS just tag along with the Falcons

That way next time they need to parachute anywhere they can land at Mogadishu or Tehran Utds ground and start from there

3. I thought that But..

Mind you dont the Falcons normaly miss the dz :0

4. Come On it's not just the SF who hate the CRABS.

5. Leave me out of this. ;P

6. The description of the C130k as "not equipped with an inbuilt GPS satellite positioning but does carry a navigator" made me chuckle. To recycle the 'drummer' joke: the difference between GPS and a Navigator is that you only have to punch the waypoints into the GPS once.

7. Of course if the RAF actually tasked the Air Transport Force then the article might be half accurate. But they don't as tasking and priorities, even for SF, are set by DSCOM, in consultation with PJHQ, MOD and operational theatres. They might both be parachuting, but they're not equivalent tasks.

8. At least we have a Navy!! :)

9. Don't be ridiculous, are you not aware that every poor decision involving the RAF is made at Station or Squadron level while the other 2 Services are put upon by the government of the day?