Crab Air Careers on Channel 5

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pewish, Dec 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watched a programme on Channel 5. At every commercial break Crab Air Careers appeared to be sponsoring said programme. One shot showed a female medic filling a syringe, couldn't work out whether she had freckles or excessively hairy arms!
  2. It's how you tell them.
  3. I regularly peruse the Army Jobs and RAF Careers Facebook pages... AJ always seems to get a lot of attention, but the crabs only see a few posts here and there. I've got the impression as of late that the crabs are crying out for people... but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

The entrance tests really bemuse me as well. For instance: to be an RAF Policeman, one must run 1.5 miles in 11.10. To be an Army Policeman, one must run 1.5 miles in 14.00. :-?
  4. And to be in the SAS one must run 1.5 miles in an Audi Q7
  5. Brought to my attention by the current Memsahib !
  6. I enjoyed the bits between the crabfat adverts. So syringe filler, helmet polishers, waitress and fiddle player seemed to be whats on offer in the modern Airforce.
  7. You'll be grateful for the fiddle player when we get invaded by...errm, wait, wait, it'll come to me, eventually...

Anyway, I thought you army types reckoned the crab types were all a load of helmet polishers?
  8. It was only about a year ago that I saw an advert on the bus for RAF careers, the ad specified not ground crew, techs or even RAF Regt but fkin stewards!!
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

They are,especialy in the aircraft techy trades,loads of blokes who wanted redundency didn't get it so are PVR'ing instead,loads more money & less bullshit on the outside,working in Oman,Saudi ect.
    Four mates of mine have banged out in the past six months.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Has anyone seen any female crab-totty in the air or on the ground at Brize? Jarrod, did you ever see any totty to your liking?
  11. I worked out she was about to prescribe this to herself in a moment of realisation that she was in dire need, due to her being completely irrelevant in the Modern Armed Forces.
  12. Likewise - saw one for airframe techs on mosquitos, admittedly our local buses are in need of updating!
  13. We haven't had carpenters for quite a while now.
  14. 2x merlins (?) strapped on a light wood frame