CR2 to Afghanistan.(Also posted to AFG thread.)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PE4rocks, Dec 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From today's Times.

" Tanks to be sent to fight Taliban"

The Army plans to send 16 CR2 to AFG..."

Plainly the brass have finally convinced the politicians and nay sayers that there is a role for them. Pity it's taken so long.
  2. The brass? The brass have got blood on their hands from pushing the 'courageous restraint' bollox which has led to many soldiers dying and getting injured. I can hardly see them now wanting to send challies in unless they've seen their cockup.
  3. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Well if it's in the paper it must be true.
  4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

And as soon as one is breached they will all be sent straight back again.
  5. Sorry, I meant to put rolling eyes as there are no irony smilies.
  6. I wonder what has changed in the intelligence briefings that suddenly tanks are the new flavour of the month.
  7. Pehaps they felt jealous that the Americans are getting some heavy armour to play with. And if the Danes and Cannucks are showing off their Leopards the Americans showing off their Abrams they probably felt its only right the Brits get to show off the Challys.
  8. TBH I can't see any MBT making a large contribution out there at present. At most it can be used as a mobile sangar.
  9. And the last sentence of the article:

10. Would this be inspired friday afternoon briefing from various RAC Regiments that feel they have a limited future by any chance ;-)
  11. how could you believe that anyone could be that shallow or cynical :omfg:
  12. Or both shallow and cynical?

Let me guess, they'll be dusting up the green zone with canister rounds just like the ruskies in the 1980s?

13. I doubt it, CR2 doesn't have a cannister round! It will make a difference just you wait and see.