CR redress advice

Sorry to re post this but I can't find the other post :?

I have recently had my CR and I need some advice.

In a nutshell, I have been graded “N” as not ready for promotion. When I originally had my interview with the first reporting officer, I had an A grade recommendation. Unfortunately, this was an informal chat and I didn’t see the CR with this grade on. I received thanks for continuing to carry out my job to such a high standard although downgraded with a serious illness.

After the commanding officer had his say, may grade had been reduced to a B and N. The third reporting officer endorsed this but after voicing my disapproval, he advised to get myself a solicitor. He then went on to explain that the grade is due to the fact that I am non-deployable.

The fact that I am non-deployable (due to illness!), in my opinion, should be irrelevant. I was under the impression that the CR is a report on performance in the last 12 months. So what exactly does the fact that I can’t deploy have to do with my performance in a year that has not involved any travel? After chatting with several people who have read the CR, I have a case for a redress.

What I want off you lot if possible is links to relevant publications for criteria for promotion, non FE courses for promotion and anything else that may help here.

All advice is appreciated. (Not sure if it makes a difference to relevant publication but I'm REME)

Just ask how a female who has been on the Y list for 10 months of the reporting period due to having a baby can get selected for promotion (positive discrimination even when not working) when you can't due to illness (although still working) I would say discrimination.

You must remember that one of the other functions of the CR is to recommend what potential future employment and rank you could achieve. That's probably the angle your RO is aiming at. It's not ideal and it's not always fair but unfortunately, thats how the 'system' works. Your illness is probably not your fault and you feel you are being penalised despite being fully able to carry out your current job.

The trouble is, your CoC may wish to promote or give the chance of promotion to someone who can fulfill a deployment and therefore be of more use to the system. Probably not what you want to hear but thems the facts I'm afraid.

Stick a redress in. You never know.

A downgrade with a reversable medical condition is not grounds for discrimination against promotion. On this fact alone you will have grounds for a redress.

A case for Baff methinks?

You need to read management and resolution of complaints AGAI 70 May 02 which should be available in your admin office.

Be aware once you submit a formal complaint, your chain of command will lie, cheat and character assassinate you.

The_Cad said:
You need to read management and resolution of complaints AGAI 70 May 02 which should be available in your admin office.
Yes, you need to consult AGAI 70 but the version published in September 2006; see particularly Annexe E Formal Complaints Against Confidential Reports.

I would also recommend consulting The Royal British Legion - I think there is a link on the Charities and Welfare Forum sponsorship box in the forums index.

The RBL gives advice on service issues generally and if, for example, there were a claim for clinical negligence or personal injury within that enquiry, then my understanding from their website is that the claim can be investigated further.

afs2006 said:
Sorry to re post this but I can't find the other post :?

I have recently had my CR and I need some advice.

In a nutshell, I have been graded “N” as not ready for promotion. When I originally had my interview with the first reporting officer, I had an A grade recommendation. Unfortunately, this was an informal chat and I didn’t see the CR with this grade on. I received thanks for continuing to carry out my job to such a high standard although downgraded with a serious illness.

After the commanding officer had his say, may grade had been reduced to a B and N. The third reporting officer endorsed this but after voicing my disapproval, he advised to get myself a solicitor. He then went on to explain that the grade is due to the fact that I am non-deployable.

The fact that I am non-deployable (due to illness!), in my opinion, should be irrelevant. I was under the impression that the CR is a report on performance in the last 12 months. So what exactly does the fact that I can’t deploy have to do with my performance in a year that has not involved any travel? After chatting with several people who have read the CR, I have a case for a redress.

What I want off you lot if possible is links to relevant publications for criteria for promotion, non FE courses for promotion and anything else that may help here.

All advice is appreciated. (Not sure if it makes a difference to relevant publication but I'm REME)
First off mate I find it difficult to believe that your 3rd RO disagreed with and concurred with some dog toffee report while advising you to get a solicitor?? If that really is the case (but I think you may have had selective hearing) then your 3rd RO needs to get himself an attack of moral courage and tell it like it is.

Anyway,

The key to your problem here is your mid-term.

If, as you said, your mid-term was good and you have kept your copy of it then a natural progression from that would see you with a good CR - unless of course your standards of work had dropped or you had been a naughty boy - you say neither applies.

Therefore you need to ask the question why you are suddenly unfit for promotion and now at a B grade after being so good half a year ago.

If you ask this question of your bosses prior to signing your CR and certainly if you make waves or noises of getting a solicitor then your heirarchy will close ranks and alter the report to indicate that your performance will all have "declined somewhat over the last 6 months" and you can do fcuk all about it.

If, however you sign the CR, get a copy and keep it safe you can compare it with your mid-term, compare the lack of natural progression, compare the lack of common ground, find no reason for your sudden shite-ness and start to ask questions formally - after they have (unthinkingly it seems) committed themselves to paper......

And if you are correct in your initial post then once you start to ask the questions formally and in the absence of any mention of any bad performance by you, the real reasons for your drop in grade (your being downgraded etc) will have to come, which are of course very wrong reasons.

Unless of course your CoC are so shit that they do themselves in by putting your PES state and lack of deployability as the basis of the whole report.

Read AGAI 70 mate.

There is NOTHING wrong with my hearing.

3RO has no balls!

I have no intentions of using a solicitor. I am on here asking these questions so that I can get some guidance from people who may be in the know. ie. links to publications etc. MS Guide sort of thing

And if you are correct in your initial post then once you start to ask the questions formally and in the absence of any mention of any bad performance by you, the real reasons for your drop in grade (your being downgraded etc) will have to come, which are of course very wrong reasons.
Quote from my 3RO "It's because of your non-deployability"

Sorry, this quoting and using bold is doing my head in, I have PM'd you