Cr@p Sold for Millions

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bat_Crab, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has just been sold for $52.6m (£26.5m):

[​IMG]

£26.5m! Just think what you could do with that money. How rich do you have to be to spend that much on this monstrosity?

'Do you fancy a new yacht, darling, or maybe another 5 tropical island mansions?'

'No, lets go and buy something that looks like it was produced by a five year old with a paint roller.'

The spokesmen also went on to herald the stupidity of the buyer insisting that their common sense to money ratio was 'a little out of proportion.'

I'd have taken her outside and shot her, even if the painting is 30ft square and painted on gold-inlaid mink using panda semen, $10,000 is a bit steep for what is essentially a poorly-done abstract painting of a liquorice allsort. If I'd produced this in an art lesson at school, the teacher would have thrashed me to within an inch of my life.

:pissedoff:

It has given me an idea, though, if ARRSE can come up with an idea for an abstract art masterpiece we could earn millions, any takers?

2. WTF my 2 year old has done better, on the bedroom wall admittedly.

All you have to do is look at some of the threads on here. There are some truely wonderful abstract masterpieces.

3. I like it, it looks like that guy from the fast show.

4. It looks like someone crushed the Michelin Man between two tetris blocks.

5. Oooh maybe I should sell our battalions TRF! :idea:

6. To give the lad his due, he didn't go outside the lines, and that takes some doing.

I might start buying sh1t art on the cheap and hope I can sell it for millions in a few years. Might work.

7. I'd have taken her outside and shot her, even if the painting is 30ft square and painted on gold-inlaid mink using panda semen, $10,000 is a bit steep for what is essentially a poorly-done abstract painting of a liquorice allsort. If I'd produced this in an art lesson at school, the teacher would have thrashed me to within an inch of my life.

Worth every penny :twisted:

8. Your bold is my bold...

Ahhh school - corporal punishment - happy days, takes me back

9. i would have had it if only the colours didn't clash so much...... :D

10. i would have had it if only the colours didn't clash so much...... :D

11. Shit I didnt realise I was outbid, I would of gone up to £28 million if Id known it went so cheap

12. Last year my cousin took me to one of her friend’s exhibitions in London. There were some really goods pieces of proper art that we could discus the style/use of light/materials used etc. When we got to some modern art (very similar to this "painting") we stood looking at it for over five minutes when this arty chap rocked up, glass of cheap wine in his hand and started to talk intensely about how brilliant the piece was. He was using all the really long and complicated words so my BS detector went off. I just told him that I did have a f'ing idea what the piece was about, did an about turn and legged it to the table with the free wine.

I will read up on art next time so I to can pretend to be cultured and pompous.

Stuff like this Berty Bassett paint by numbers is a scam made up by students who can not paint but can spin a good yarn.

13. If you like that sort of thing then perhaps we can do business.

I am counsel to the personal representative of the Estate of Congo, deceased and exclusive agent for the sale of the late Mr. Congo's works.

"Dead Chimp's Art Sells Big" 20 June 2005
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/20/entertainment/main703057.shtml

14. £26Mil? Feck me!

Now what did I do with all that used PH paper?

15. Ha ha priceless. I hate those cnuts. Recently got one from a "US Marine Captain" who had uncovered $23,000,000 in Tikrit and needed it to be stored in my bank account cos I was "man of great taste".

Seriously who falls for that sh1te?