CQMS/SQMS What does the abreviation stand for?

Just to confuse the issue.

You can have an SQMS -Squadron Quarter Master Sergeant - usually a SSgt
But Some WO2s are appointed SQMS - Staff Quarter Master Sergeant - the most senior of the WO2 appointments.

It can mean a lot or nothing.
When serving as REME attached to an Armd Sqn as Sgt ECE, the Regt had a battlefield tour arranged. The SQMS designated to do the organisation had to drop out at the last minute and I stepped into the breech. No other volunteers forthcoming.
The battlefield tour was a success, but for the rest of my time with the Sqn, the Sqn Ldr would not adress me as anything other than "Q".
Luckily I did not get a new Tiffy, AQMS or ASM during that time, and the ones in post understood how it was meant.

Has google stopped working ?

When serving as REME attached to an Armd Sqn as Sgt ECE, the Regt had a battlefield tour arranged. The SQMS designated to do the organisation had to drop out at the last minute and I stepped into the breech. No other volunteers forthcoming.
The battlefield tour was a success, but for the rest of my time with the Sqn, the Sqn Ldr would not adress me as anything other than "Q".
Luckily I did not get a new Tiffy, AQMS or ASM during that time, and the ones in post understood how it was meant.
You sure he wasn't referring to your SJAR grading?

With a Cav regt in the 90's, a certain piss head subaltern would always trot out the same whine after being bollocked by the Sqn tiffy, .."it hasn't been the same since we had to replace farriers with mechanical types" he was only 22 for fucks sake.
Would there have been such a thing as a SQMFS..??

Unit I was at , we had SSgt Technical Quartermaster Sergeants (TQMS), company (CQMS) and squadron ( SQMS), we had WO2 RQMS,CSM's, SSM's, AQMS's and WO2 Artisans (still don't know if they have worked out what they are called)and the WORM, we had SSgt Tiffies, staffies, TQs,CQ's, SQ's. We had WO1's- RSM,SSM x 2, ASM x 5, MTWO

We had everyone so confused no-one ever rang us, confused the young officers no end.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
manchesterutd Jobs (Discussion) 4
Q Seniors 41
3milesniper The Training Wing 8