CQB - The Way it should be done.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by gpfwestie, Nov 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Question from a Civvie.

I have found an excellent film clip on YouTubber. Guest starring - no less than a Mel Gibson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtA0TIyoI8

So the story was made up twaddle which made no sense

But I was interested in this part. He set up his new recruits (his kids), Overlooking the ambush, with cover and simple orders - 'remove the high ranking officers', and don't move (hide like a snipers / FOA (no air support though) whatever).

The rest of the squad (Just Mr Gibson, he's a whole squad on his own), flank them and lay down covering fire (Mel, again, provides as much cover as any squad on his own).

Is this realistic / likely / you're all going to be slaughtered.

Seemed to work in the film.

2. Yeah, looks good to me. Mel's a world renowned battlefield tactics genius. Why would anyone doubt that their on a winner when he's in charge is a mystery to me!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

I used to get a dream that i was being bayoneted by a massive soviet soldier all through the 80s.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................then i discovered women..................................................................................

• Like Like x 3
  4. You progressed to closing with the brunette ?

5. What you have here is a possible case of "If it can be misunderstood"

I refer, of course, to the instruction "Remove the high ranking officers"

This is the sort of order that in the British Army can lead to a Darwin award.

Hence Sandhurst doctrine nowadays is to specify that you refer to the enemys' high ranking officers.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

That was actually quite funny. You've obviously remembered the pills this morning.