CPU Bottlenecks?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Knightwars4, Dec 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey ARRSE, I am looking into purchasing a custom gaming machine in the near future (with Dino PC) and I've summarised all my preferred components into a sub £1K machine. Though I would like to ask for your opinion and any suggestions to improve it, if it needs to of course.

The constraints are: Cost no more than £1000 + shipping and 1920 x 1080p display, as I'm content with just that. Here are the actual specs in question.

i5 3570K
    Xigmatek Dark Knight Nighthawk SD1283 - Cooler
    Microsoft® Windows 8 Standard 64-bit
    Asus P8H61-MX USB3
    8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x4GB)
    500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
    22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
    HD 7950 3GB
    Onboard 7.1 Audio
    Office 2010 Home and Student
    Bullguard Internet Security V12
    Creative Inspire T10
    LG 21.5" E2242C-BN LED
    Internal Card Reader
    Xigmatek Asgard Pro
    600W Xigmatek
    3 Year SureCare Warranty

Cheers in advance,
    Knight

2. Left or right handed?

• Like Like x 1
  3. If it's a gaming PC, why not use an SSD instead?

4. :), Right handed would be much preferred. The formatting of the page just arose by deleting unnescessary stuff out of the text field.

5. The machine would also be used for student and home purposes, with gaming as the main priority. Though I don't use much of any storage device I've used so far, I wouldn't be able to afford it with a £1000 budget. Thanks for the suggestion though.

6. Ok, right handed. What size?

7. Look at a Nvidia Gtx660Ti instead of your 7950, in my experience Nvidia is a better partner for Intel systems and the AMD cards work better with their own CPU architechture, dont mix and match.
    Bin the Hard drive for a solid state drive.
    A grands a fair chunk, you could get a far better system if you do it yourself than if you go through a 3rd party.

8. Let me consult my crystal ball and magic bean counters:) Just give us a sec to explore the links.

Update: Thanks for all the information so far guys. It looks like I've got some solid suggestions to work with now. Now to reconsider the build. If I've got any more concerns, I'll definately come back to you guys. Cheers:)

Knight,

9. You listed Microsoft Office 2010 which linked to Amazon at £84.99.

Try using Open Office which is remarkably similar to Microsoft Office and is FREEEEEE.

Spend the £84.99 on beer or a joystick or something