CPS to prosecute Met Police over de Menezes shooting

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Oct 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just on the wire.

The Crown Prsecution Service are to prosecute the Metropolitan Police on Health & Saftey grounds over the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.

No link yet.

2. Wasn't that always going to be the least bad option? No news there then.

3. It's just an official confirmation from them I guess!

4. How depressingly typical, another 'useless' exercise that will end up costing the taxpayer, ie you & me hundreds of thousands of pounds with no real result!!!!!!!!!! Well scummy lawyers will make a packet and it prevents the real fcukup (s) ( the Police commanders in charge that day) from having to explain how they screwed up...and then get promoted not longer after........nice one cressida :evil: :evil:

5. If they are being done over Health and Safety have they (the CPS) employed Injury Lawyers for You?. No loan agreements, no catch, and they receive 100%of the compensation. What a load of tosh!

6. H & S? Did they not carry out a risk assessment first?

Can we expect to see one of those injury lawyer firms using this in the advert?
    "I was innocently walking through a train station when I was gunned down by armed police, following an interview by a lawyer through a psychic my family got a cheque for thousands...."

7. Injury Lawyers 4 U will only deal with compensation claims under 6 or so grand, forget them!.

8. Being shot repeatedly in the head seems pretty much like a Health and Safety violation to me! Of the most sincere form...

9. :D Like that - sincerely shooting someone in the bonce, until they are sincerely dead.

Yours faithfully

10. Does that mean all armed robberies, murders and assaults will be dealt with by the H&S Exec? That should free up a few coppers to do paperwork for the Home Office.