CPS, slowly,slowly

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Books, May 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know how long the CPS take to respond to solicitors? i know the wheels of gubberment turn slow, but i have been awaiting a response to a change of plea for 3 weeks. And im concerned the longer it takes the less chance they will accept my change.

armchair lawyers need not respond (but im sure you will :) )

Books

2. PM sent sent (10 characters)

3. Dunno about the CPS but I can reliably inform you that north of the border such matters are routinely dealt with in court in about 20 seconds while "the boss" is off the bench. The avalanche of correspondence in a prosecutor's office is unbelievable, bearing in mind that the decision making end is in court most days.

Unless the CPS do things completely differently from COPFS I wouldn't worry too much about the delay. And up here the defence agent would be able to reassure his client about this sort of case management.

Let us know how you get on.

4. If its just a straight plea change then it will be done on the day. Nothing will happen outside of the court room.

Plea bargaining is a whole different ballgame and varies wildly. Phonecalls are the best option.