CPS fails to prosecute a revolting cultural practice - quelle surprise

Perhaps it's because if all the people performing the gender abortions were jailed, there'd be nobody left to perform the abortions that are considered medically necessary? And there'd be an upsurge in the sales of wire coat hangers and a huge demand on NHS resources to correct the damage.

Yep, if you have an 'open door' policy on Immigration tied to a 'multiculturalism' agenda don't be surprised when the powers that be are forced to conveniently overlook the 'culture' that has been imported as well.

Tricky one. I have no truck with the SPUC bigots, but a woman's right to choose must be maintained.

However, if it's a cultural thing (and we all know which culture(s) the woman's right probably has nothing to do with the request for an abortion of a female foetus.

The CPS should prosecute a few doctors pour encourage les autres

It's being fenced around because of race. But ultimately it's complicity in murder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti-abortionist. But there's a world of difference between a genuine case for a termination (and no, I'm not going to get into a debate over what constitutes that) and picking and choosing for economic and cultural reasons, which is what this amounts to.

Mothman has it - a few prosecutions would sort it.

I can't help thinking of the practice of sati - burning alive of recently deceased Indian men's still-living wives - and the lament from locals to the effect that it was 'tradition' and not to be messed with. The British officer to whom this was addressed noted that it was also a 'tradition' (ours) that anyone engaging in such a practice would be hanged. It stopped.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It's being fenced around because of race. But ultimately it's complicity in murder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti-abortionist. But there's a world of difference between a genuine case for a termination (and no, I'm not going to get into a debate over what constitutes that) and picking and choosing for economic and cultural reasons, which is what this amounts to.

Mothman has it - a few prosecutions would sort it.

I can't help thinking of the practice of sati - burning alive of recently deceased Indian men's still-living wives - and the lament from locals to the effect that it was 'tradition' and not to be messed with. The British officer to whom this was addressed noted that it was also a 'tradition' (ours) that anyone engaging in such a practice would be hanged. It stopped.
I think that puts it very well.

There's no end of people and institutions willing to bang on about equality but when there's a choice to be made that conflicts with their multi-culti, right-on views, they go strangely silent and are nowhere to be seen. It's so much easier to demand that something must be done about empty internet threats to Mary Beard.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
They had a chance to nip this in the bud by striking these doctors off and sending a harsh message that cultural butchery is not on here.

But, we actually encourage stone age practices now, don't we?

And now there is a bright, green light for a generation of Billy Wang's, Mohammed Mohammeds and poor little Zainab? No dear, your worthless to us, and unlikely to raise our status by becoming a surgeon.

I disagree with the practice. It reduces life to the same level as a paper cup.

I don't want this right now, I'll dispose.

Yet, how many of these aborting women will lament in years to come that actually getting that promotion was not worth a barren dotage? Or demanding IVF to extend the timeframe nature (yep, not religious arguements, plain nature) has given.

This is one of those things that has been hitched to the equality cart and has been allowed to alter our morals and standing.

Women have babies, end of. Nothing says they have to be the ones who care for them.

Just before you get your tear stained hankies out, think about it for a minute!

Woman wants rid of unborn girl, it it your business?

It saves 15 yrs of family allowance and other benefits

It save s the police time in the investigation of an "honour killing"

It reduces young British Asian girls being exported for a rapey marriage to the likes of LLeCh in any "Stan"

It restricts the growth of the "cultural entity" as currently blokes don't breed with blokes...( even though they practise with white underage girls and young boys)

I would rather this thing carry on as the alternative would not be beneficial to any one