CPS fails to prosecute a revolting cultural practice - quelle surprise

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Sep 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

2. Perhaps it's because if all the people performing the gender abortions were jailed, there'd be nobody left to perform the abortions that are considered medically necessary? And there'd be an upsurge in the sales of wire coat hangers and a huge demand on NHS resources to correct the damage.

3. I think you'll find the doctors involved in this were showing 'cultural sensitivity' So much for medical ethics eh.
    Is it just me or is the UK de-evolving?

• Like Like x 7
  4. Yep, if you have an 'open door' policy on Immigration tied to a 'multiculturalism' agenda don't be surprised when the powers that be are forced to conveniently overlook the 'culture' that has been imported as well.

• Like Like x 6
  5. The solution's simple. All abortions performed for non-medical reasons come with a free hysterectomy.

• Like Like x 16
  6. Why is it that when I read "gender abortions" images of Boy George flash warningly before my eyes??

• Like Like x 6
  7. Spot on. You want to return the gift from God? Give him the ******* packaging back too!

• Like Like x 3
  8. 'Gift from God'? I'm not sure that imaginary beings that were invented to keep the poor and stupid under control are capable of dispatching presents into the real world.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Tricky one. I have no truck with the SPUC bigots, but a woman's right to choose must be maintained.

However, if it's a cultural thing (and we all know which culture(s) the woman's right probably has nothing to do with the request for an abortion of a female foetus.

The CPS should prosecute a few doctors pour encourage les autres

• Like Like x 2
  10. Then she chooses to keep her legs shut... (in the first instance, pill, condom etc follow).

11. True. Better contraception access, advice and technology (my GF has just had an arm implant.) take a lot of the heat out of the abortion issue.

12. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

It's being fenced around because of race. But ultimately it's complicity in murder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti-abortionist. But there's a world of difference between a genuine case for a termination (and no, I'm not going to get into a debate over what constitutes that) and picking and choosing for economic and cultural reasons, which is what this amounts to.

Mothman has it - a few prosecutions would sort it.

I can't help thinking of the practice of sati - burning alive of recently deceased Indian men's still-living wives - and the lament from locals to the effect that it was 'tradition' and not to be messed with. The British officer to whom this was addressed noted that it was also a 'tradition' (ours) that anyone engaging in such a practice would be hanged. It stopped.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Sometimes...no, strike that,...many times, I am so f*cking glad I've left the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I think that puts it very well.

There's no end of people and institutions willing to bang on about equality but when there's a choice to be made that conflicts with their multi-culti, right-on views, they go strangely silent and are nowhere to be seen. It's so much easier to demand that something must be done about empty internet threats to Mary Beard.

15. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

They had a chance to nip this in the bud by striking these doctors off and sending a harsh message that cultural butchery is not on here.

But, we actually encourage stone age practices now, don't we?

And now there is a bright, green light for a generation of Billy Wang's, Mohammed Mohammeds and poor little Zainab? No dear, your worthless to us, and unlikely to raise our status by becoming a surgeon.