CPS bonus for turning up in snow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7994475.stm

A £250 bonus has been paid to Crown Prosecution Service staff in London who turned up for work during heavy snow.

Only 224 out of 1,400 CPS employees in the capital made it to work on Monday 2 February, when the city saw its heaviest snow in nearly 18 years.

A spokeswoman said the money from public funds was to reward members of staff who went the "extra mile".

The Taxpayers' Alliance said it was absurd public money should be used to reward staff just for doing their jobs.

'Extreme conditions'

As a result of the bad weather, all London buses were cancelled and many tube and train services were severely disrupted.

The CPS spokeswoman said: "They didn't know they were going to get the money before then so they made it into work not thinking they were getting any reward for it.

"CPS London decided these staff who struggled into work in extreme conditions should be rewarded for doing so."
:roll:

vampireuk said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7994475.stm

A £250 bonus has been paid to Crown Prosecution Service staff in London who turned up for work during heavy snow.

Only 224 out of 1,400 CPS employees in the capital made it to work on Monday 2 February, when the city saw its heaviest snow in nearly 18 years.

A spokeswoman said the money from public funds was to reward members of staff who went the "extra mile".

The Taxpayers' Alliance said it was absurd public money should be used to reward staff just for doing their jobs.

'Extreme conditions'

As a result of the bad weather, all London buses were cancelled and many tube and train services were severely disrupted.

The CPS spokeswoman said: "They didn't know they were going to get the money before then so they made it into work not thinking they were getting any reward for it.

"CPS London decided these staff who struggled into work in extreme conditions should be rewarded for doing so."
:roll:
£250 a mile nice MMA can I have that rate :(

P

PrinceAlbert

I made it into London in the BMW! Rear wheel drive fun all the way!!

I didn't get extra pay!

If less than one in 7 staff bother to turn in, why should those who showed committment NOT get some sort of recognition?

Looking at some of the bonuses in the City for some who probably did a lot less!

I do quite like the idea of docking the people who didn't turn up in order to pay the bonus for the people that did. And then not give it to them. And then sack them all for being beurocratic waste anyway.

elovabloke said:
ALREADYJACKEDGENIUS said:
why should those who showed committment NOT get some sort of recognition?
Call me old fashioned but why should you get a bonus for GOING TO WORK. Thats what your pays for.
Agreed. Given that they got paid for that day, I don't see why we should be celebrating people who go into work when there is a bit of snow. We will be calling them 'heroes' next.
whf

wehappyfew said:
elovabloke said:
ALREADYJACKEDGENIUS said:
why should those who showed committment NOT get some sort of recognition?
Call me old fashioned but why should you get a bonus for GOING TO WORK. Thats what your pays for.
Agreed. Given that they got paid for that day, I don't see why we should be celebrating people who go into work when there is a bit of snow. We will be calling them 'heroes' next.
whf
Nobody said SFA when it took me 3 hours to do 20 miles to get home, and I only got abuse when I had to pick who I could release from work when we had a snow warning. Sod them, they shouldn't gat any extra.

I pay £108 a month in community charges. I don't live in london so I don't know if that's comparable.
However,based on the assumptions that it's a Mr Average tax, two and a half households have had to pay a months council tax, just to reward someone for going to work.
It just seems immoral.

When the snow came I was duty Taxi in the landrover one of the fat waste of spaces I work with when offered a lift in turned it down and said she would not come in to work as it was to cold. But the most bloody anoying thing is when my brum brum went tits up two weeks ago did any of the twats I took in to work offer me a lift did they Fu@@ it was me and my spaka stick and my size nines.

G

gdm.bizkit

Considering the size of the bonuses most of the wanks that work in london are getting I think this one is deserved.

gdm.bizkit said:
Considering the size of the bonuses most of the wanks that work in london are getting I think this one is deserved.
It has nothing to do with 'city boys' and their bonuses. This is about government employees being paid extra to do their job. Should all of us who work for the government have been given extra money for making the effort to get in to do our job when there is a bit of snow?
whf

Latest Threads