Cpls Mess - Can i be forced to join and pay monthly mess bil

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by welshhammer, Nov 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a LCPL can i be forced to join a Cpls mess. Its not the mess i disagree with its being forced to pay a mess bill every month just to boost the funds

I'm being told its in Queens regs but i thought that was just SNCO's

can someone let me know please

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hand your stripe in :roll:

3. Grow a pair of balls and ask your RSM and tell him why your asking!!! He'll have an answer for you, and the duty rosters will just write themselve...

4. You are not obliged by law (unlike some) but see Spanish Dave's comments for your answer. Now get a grip.

5. I agree with Spanish_Dave, if you don't want to do what all the other L/Cpl's do, then hand your rank back in.

6. 8O They must be pretty high bills to post your whinge on here!! Fcukin'ell mate, will you do the same if you reach SNCO? Of course not!! Pay up and stop fcuking whining, its your mess as much as all the other Juniors. I bet your one of those that wants a union, and moans about functions but neither turns up or contributes. :roll:

7. Are you real?

If you don't like it, do what Spanish Dave said. Go on, you could get an RSM's pension after 22 years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

WelshHammer.

You are joking!

Is this Wedge?

Hand your stripe to somebody more deserving!

TWAT!

9. That's how you got promoted.

(I'm laughing my head off that you are still in work btw - serves you right for not answering the phone all morning)

10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Watch it drippy knickers!!

11. Opt out of life and you won't have to pay for anything ever again..

Alternatively pay yer mess bill and get the benefits from it,the cheap beer,the nights out without the other half etc etc.

12. Sluggy, my bold, I thought that that myth said that you had to stay a private soldier for your entire career, never having been promoted at all.

I can remember a few knob-jockies who that should have happened to. trouble is, they always seemed to promote the fuckwits, just to get rid of them.

13. No mate, it's all true. Unlucky Alf told me:

I believe him, because he is on the internet, and no-one lies on the internet do they?

14. Aren't you a black hole of need. Having set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public you may want to bear in mind that a Corporals Mess is your Regiments way of preparing you for bigger and better things in the unlikely event you're ever given the honour of stepping into the WO's & Sgts Mess. Think yourself lucky you don't have to buy mess kit for the Corporals Mess as some Regiments used to, and still might, do. Do yourself a favour, log off and write the cheque.

15. You're not forced to join any mess, corporals' - sgts' or officers' - they just come with the job, it's not an option, you knew it before you got your stripe, and if you didn't and don't like it, revert!