Cpl to Sgt Promotion is here again

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by willy57, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys as all you old and bold and maybe some of you young/wet behind the ears will know its June and we get to see who has fully deserved their place in the mess, the board results for Cpl to Sgt. Good luck all - the elite amongst us will leave the junior rank status behind and begin the process of purchasing mess dress, monthly mess bills for a mess they never visit the huge pay rise (???). Financially we are all to be honest better of as Cpl's - but were all fighting to become a Sgt and progress beyond, why I ask is there little reward for leaving behind the best rank in the Armed Forces - Cpl???

A Lt gets promoted to Capt and receives 1000's more each year the jump from level 7 Cpl to Sgt is nothing more than the 3% or so you will receive each year.

Still fingers crossed hope I come off but as you see its not all doom and gloom to those who don't.

IF ANYONE SEES THE BOARD RESULTS CAN YOU PLEASE PM ME A COPY IM LOOKING FOR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS OPERATORS OR RS OPS WHATEVER THEY CALL US THESE DAYS.

CHEERS GUYS GL ALL

2. True, Captain to Major is a good 10% or so rise, unlike mere ORs.

3. FFS willy, not even promoted and already whinging :roll:

4. willy

check pm's

5. Lt to Capt is indeed a huge payrise but you have to consider the roles and responsibilities that come with it.

By and large Capts and Majs have to go through planning and estimates in horrendous detail as well as try and meet timelines for readiness without all the pre requisite eqpt, manpower and training amongst their troops. Easy? no.... stressful? Yes.

Do Jnr Sgts have to do the same? To a degree yes, but they are responsible for relatively small spheres of responsibility (yes I am generalising). The different payrates reflect the different workloads and responsibilities not to mention that Cpls and Sgts get a far more 'fun' workload and the chance to interact and work with the lads on a daily basis instead of being tied to a DII terminal.

Just a thought ;)

6. Are the board results published yet. Am interested in IS Eng promotion results. If someone has a copy can they forward them to me

Cheers

7. I`m interested in Tech Sup Spec`s??

8. Friday people, although, I dont doubt someone will know on Wed/Thurs.

9. Hey all,

Could somebody PM with the results when they get a copy please as i'm on leave at the moment.

Thanks in advance :)

10. A PM to myself for the tech board if someone has them please.

11. To anyone in the know for the Tech QAB can they PM me the results.

Cheers

12. Anyone PM me the AGC SPS and PRO list please?

13. Believe me when I say that I'm desperate to know the results of the IS board, but surely no one will PM them to an account that has just been opened today?

Security, dirty word, etc.

Not that I’ll object if someone would like to prove me wrong.

P.S. Congrats to the Gragant that I faced on Saturday.

14. I'll have a copy of the board if anyone can PM it please, or if not just say when it's out as I've heard tomorrow and Friday.

Cheers,

FC

15. I've just got that all important 'anonymous' text message. It sound like all three from my place who where up for it have been successful - can I look surprised when they tell us tomorrow? :D