Cpl Mark Byles.So when was another VC awarded?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo2nothing, Dec 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The media do make me laugh, they can't even get their story correct, does nobody supervise these kids? This sort of crap only gives example of the hap-hazard approach to reporting on HM Forces.

Sky News

2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Was it the whole charge that bayonetted the 20 Iraqs or just Cpl Byles by himself?

3. 1. it was the MC

2. In his own words he said that he killed between 15-20 iraqis during his tour, not in the charge

4. Knowing the bloke he was quite posible of doing the lot himself :lol: .
    An extremly good nco who if there is any justice should go far .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slightly worrying that whether it was VC or MC some nutter was out to get him.

6. Hmmmm, so it's some nutter fanatic one on one with a MC winner who's already proved himself in hand to hand combat.

My monies on Cpl Byles :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. With gun crime so prevalent in this country, and weapons so easy to obtain thanks to the scum article, why was the nutter converting a blank firer? That would have probably done us all a favour by blowing his face of had he tried to use it or is it ( tinfoil hat time ) more political spin to help tony to pass more draconian laws on the legal ownership of anything firearms related ( my mum wouldn't let me have a water pistol in case i tried to drown someone with it )

8. 17.24hrs and I've just told them. Shall we see how long it takes to correct?

PS I wasn't very polite....idiots :twisted:

9. Likewise :D And neither was I :mrgreen:

fcukwits.

10. <AOL> Me too ! </AOL>

11. Story is no longer available! :D

Hopefully they are off to check out their research, as I suggested :D

Ghost

12. Probably something to do with it being eight years ago

13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Given it was a thread from 8 years ago that seems somewhat unsurprising, no?