CPA04 and the Armed Forces

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Paymaster, Jun 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CPA04 the Civil Partnership Act 2004 allows same sex couples to get "married". The lastest Army Regs just published class such partnerships as Marital Status 1 with all the allowances that go with that; ie MQs, Separation Benefits, BSA etc.

What does the arrse think?
  2. Theres an air of inevitabilty about it but the transition will not be a smooth one.

I wonder when the "homosexual workshops" will start in the local forces community centres?

And the wives club... what will the Colonel`s wife think?
  3. Workshops, do you mean they make more of them or is it jus running repairs (wear and tear)?
  4. its a massive soapbox...its inevitable...there's too many cliches to be bothered with it
  5. As a married man I'm deeply offended that my marital category is to be reclassified as something gay like "personal status category" to account for these deviants.

The army has changed so much in the last five years! Whatever happened to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy? That was workable and didn't downgrade my state of holy matrimony to be supposedly equal to this abomination!
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

In time it might be the Colonel's 'partner' 8O :cry:
  7. It was always going to happen and its not just women that will be involved. You can be homosexual and not practice it in the forces but what is living in a Qtr with someone of the same sex if its not practicing it.