Cowboying It!!

BadManners said:
Why would Packs run it up?

Isnt that what FRG is for?
if you waaaaah me now it doesnt count!!

Pack section "should" run up every powerpack after it is built and the list they have to follow to check it is very long! never heard of PPRF? PowerPack Run up Facilty?

once it has passed this out inspection it goes along to FRG and they will do a fuctional test once the pack is fitted in the vehicle. basically a shortened version of what packs has already done.

This will ensure smiley faces on the form the crew have to sign for WOIC FRG! and if the pack is not working properly? here starteth the FRG/Packs banter!!

now on ops/exercise a busy packs my not do it properly, i couldnt comment having been 1st line all my career, i signed off a week after being in 2nd line!

Easymeister said:
A busy packs section. Where can you find one of them then??
Easy peasy,
just find the loudest, most obnoxious, brew drinking, blagging, lazy feckers in the BN and ask them the whereabouts of the VM who is repairing the bluffers underworked CV8's.
They will surely point you to the hardest working section of all.

8)

BadManners said:
Easymeister said:
Easy peasy,
just find the loudest, most obnoxious, brew drinking, blagging, lazy feckers in the BN and ask them the whereabouts of the VM who is repairing the bluffers underworked CV8's.

8)
Anyone in the RLC then?

StabTiffy2B said:
BadManners said:
Easymeister said:
Easy peasy,

8)
Anyone in the RLC then?
shouldnt you be posting in here stabby?
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewforum/f=35.html

Bore Off!

BadManners said:
StabTiffy2B said:
BadManners said:
Easymeister said:
Easy peasy,

8)
Anyone in the RLC then?
shouldnt you be posting in here stabby?
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewforum/f=35.html

Bore Off!
Funny. Thought I was REME?

BadManners said:
Easymeister said:
Easy peasy,

8)
Repairing a CV8?? I am looking for packs not FRG

Easymeister said:
BadManners said:
Easymeister said:
Easy peasy,

8)
Repairing a CV8?? I am looking for packs not FRG
Dont make me laugh,

you have obviously never cut it at the sharp end!

Even the least bright trooper could lift a pack,
repairing it is a different matter, far and above the intellect of a FWD Pl waster. :D

(IMHO)

I have yet to meet a FeckinRepulsiveGit that could decipher his own casrep notes
and god forbid he remembered to return the EFR!

BM - I once heard that if you are really shit at pulling spanners they send you to packs, and if you can't cut it there, then you are sent on your tiffy course. Would this ring true for you?

Easymeister said:
BM - I once heard that if you are really s*** at pulling spanners they send you to packs, and if you can't cut it there, then you are sent on your tiffy course. Would this ring true for you?
Sounds about right, all mouth and no trousers. i spent a few weeks in packs and longed to be doing proper work. (the only place for that in a Bn is Fwd Pl) and since when do packs repair?? they change lumps, gearboxes, engines. dont kid yourself BM that your a mechanic in the REME, ur a fitter. just a very well qualified one :roll:

LoL I wasn't kidding myself, some do though :) I admit to being dagwonk at spanners.

How bout you Easy?
Have they found you out yet? its only a matter of time LoL

Still time to do that dreaded Bn posting! :p

eddie937 said:
BadManners wrote:
Why would Packs run it up?

Isnt that what FRG is for?

you really didn't know. hahaahahahhahahaa.lol.rofl
ill admit i thought that too, it wasnt exactly an ideal set up for a waaaahhhhh. hence why i waited a while before answering!

Classic this one, an I know the guy involved is long gone in civdiv now so I am quite safe.

During a seemingly extra long tour of Batus a certain senior rank decided to relieve his boredom of slipper city by "helping" packs section. His chosen task was delivering a CV8 and a K60 to FRG somewhere on the Hulu.

Armed mit Drops trained crafty, said power packs, map, gps, packed lunch and a boxfull of ratchet straps, the pair set to loading the drops with the cargo, safely securing the packed lunch in the cab and the packs on the flatrack. "Is that the way we strap them on?" the WO1 skydiving shark wrestler asked, "looks good to me sir" came the crafties reply. It is at this point I find it suitable to add that the senior bloke involved here was actually about 6ft 3 inches, square. Not someone who one tended to mess with, if you get my drift.
Anyway, off they trot.

After a fairly uneventful drive to FRG's super secret location the happy travellers jump from the cab, "Where do ya want em Q?"

"Just drop em over there near the other flatrack Sir"

The gaffer then nodded to the crafty to unload the flatrack in the given location, throwing the lever the Drops lifted its boom and the flatrack raised and started to unload.

Now which one went first we dont know, the details are sketchy from here, but suffice to say that I have never seen before nor since that day,
a human being lift both a cv8 pack frame and a k60 pack frame in one straight movement onto his shoulders. A scary sight as he marched past me, this bulk of a man carrying 2 pack frames on his shoulders, a sight that will stay with me for ever and a day.

As will (to the hulk of a WO1) the sight of ratchet straps sliding of packs, allowing his cargo to tumble and fall into a heap of scrap on Canada's prarie.
From that day on the ASM was known as 2 packs :)

But not to his face!

Latest Threads