Cowardly Police?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by shagnasty, Feb 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it true the police stood by for 2 hours waiting for a scuba team whilst a young girl was underwater in an air bubble in a crashed car??? ( She died tonight)

No one would like to do their job but do I detect a yellow streak? What would possess a grown man to be able to stand by whilst a girl of five was allowed to remain underwater for two hours ....just because of some arse-hole declaring.."can't go in there sonny, against 'elf & safety!"

Where's your minerals lads???
  2. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Don't panic about getting replies soon. It will take them a while to think of something to say in mitigation along with all the usual platitudes.
  3. how did you know there was an air pocket?
  4. Are you getting outraged over this incident perchance?

5. As a serving copper I would wait and see before I cast a judgement, if it is true then god help us.
  6. The girl was brought out alive after 2 hours. How else do you think she survived.....grew a set of gills??? And no... it wasn't due to ice and severe cold keeping her in suspended animation.
  7. The obvious points are:

They had no way on knowing if she was still alive and in the car.

A bungled rescue could have let the air out but left her still trapped, drowning her.
  8. NO, how do you know there was an air pocket in a submerged car when you are looking at it form the surface, X-ray vision?
  9. It took police divers 12 minutes to rescue the girl, no doubt they were wearing diving gear complete with air tanks. There's no mention of the river conditions ie currents temperature etc.

Could you hold your breath for 12 mins?

No I'm not a copper.
  10. First rule of casualty drills is not to become a casualty yourself...
  11. Did anyone check to see if anyone inside vehicle,if not why not?
    If "no one would like to do their job" why did they sign in the first place?
    It's like signing up for the Armed Forces, then saying "I can't shot someone because of the pain they will suffer."
    H&S should have nothing to do with a situation like that at all,BUT!.
  12. one thing if you could see the car.
    but if you arrive on the scene can't see the car and its a fast flowing river .
    wtf are you suppoused to do?
    get a rope and get the gulliable/brave Pc to try think the average copper would give it a try if they thought there was a chance of success :cry:
  13. Was the car two foot under the surface, or 20?

Without more info I'm not getting outraged, or defending the coppers either.
    The real twat in all this is the father of the kids who tried to kill them in the first place

14. It's shit though. 97 minutes? The boxheads could teach us a thing or two. They make us look like fcukin amateurs in these matters. We run everything on a fcukin shoestring and expect it to be brilliant. Poor bludy kid.
  15. Appreciate some outrage, but knowing the area, you would seriously have to be nuts to go into the water there , strong currents and pretty deep, used to launch small boats from there for canoeing and fishing , R.I.P. the lass.