Coward

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by ubique66, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been bugging me for a while, What was the name of the Bdr who decided we live in a democracy and deserted from the first Gulf war? I was in attendance at his Courts Martial at Woolwich where I am sure he got away with it and did the minimum sentence.
    And didnt he appear at an anti war rally?

2. LCpl Williams- 27 Fd Regt?

Edited to add:

Found this http://www.mysongbook.de/msb/songs/b/bofvicwi.html

Also:

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/antiwar/story/0,12809,1235782,00.html

3. Blimey, that was quick, you got the man! all flooding back to me. Cheers

4. Vic was 27 Fd but did his Pre-deployment training in Lippstadt with 49, he kept going on about how he was looking forward to it! Next thing I know he's on tele at some anti-war demo saying that it an illegal war.
    He'd told the gdrm he was just going to fill up his car so that it'd have fuel in when he came back.

5. Radar punter if I remember correctly

6. You'll probably find that he'll be claiming PTSD (Gulfwar Syndrome) next. I fail to see how he can do a U turn so easily.

Ubique!

7. Until he went AWOL Vic was going to be my Dvr (FOO party for 16/5 Lancers)

He was replaced by an absolute 27 legend 'LBdr C R' who proved to be about 1000 times the man Williams was

The real story for his absence was not a new found pacifism he battered some nig in HQ Bty bar during the PDT and was afraid of the consequences

When we got to theatre I and the remainder of the crew (a mix of 27 Regt and 3 RHA)
    Sold off his kit to buy cot beds!!

ha ha twat!!

8. Your 'absolute 27 legend' might not appreciate your poor Persec!

9. Can a MOD pls edit this post to get this chaps name removed please.
    Ty
    Effy20

10. The Anti-War demo was in Manchester by the way. I was working in the city at the time and saw this muppet.

I even asked a copper why he wasn't being arrested for being AWOL, he just smiled and said "Ex-squaddie?, me too" He went on to say he'd love to be the one to arrest him but was unable due to the possibility of causing Public Order problems. What Bollox!

11. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

I have amended his replacements name. I will not however remove the name of person to whom we are refering to. The man is a complete disgrace to the Oath of Allegiance that he gave, his fellow soldiers and the Royal Artillery. He brought shame to the Royal Regiment at the time.

His name is widely available on the internet over this incident. The man has to live everyday with the knowledge of the cowardly act he made and the fact his name will be whispered behind his back for the rest of his life.

No sympathy.

GQ

12. GQ, Thanks for removing the lads name. I purposely didnt ask for the cowards name to be removed as my thoughts are similar to yours. I am also pleased to see that we as Companions have the same train of thought.

Fraternal greetings from Kirkstyle RAC 453 Carluke Scotland.

Efargee20

13. GunnersQuadrant

However did you know :wink:

Fraternal regards my friend.

14. Persec understood and my apologies

Although this was OP GRANBY (16 years ago) and LBdr C R was at his 22 year point then so will be well out of the firing line by now

Any how Williams was a ****

15. GunnersQuadrant

Roger, if that is the case then it really is not an issue. Only when they are still serving or an operationally sensitive issue.

GQ :)