COVID19 Symptoms Journals Thread

Right I have had a word with @Boris_Johnson and there is no way to restrict posting on a thread without direct mod intervention. Aint nobody got time for that let alone our mods. So we'll have another go at a sympton thread here. I would suggest a couple of principles to be followed:
  1. Its not mandatory to post obviously but ther does seem to be legitimate interest in this so do consider it.
  2. Only post if you have symptoms and only make one post per Arrser.
  3. Update your post as necessary by editing. Remember to include the date so we can distinguish the passage of time.
  4. Do not reply to posts in thread. By all means link to it from this thread into other threads (or copy a quote over).
  5. Feel free to contributing to policing the thread by dishing out SABCs to violators.
My idea for a format was to plonk a date down and write whatever, then add another date and description the next day and so on but again its not mandatory. At this point I have no symptoms so over to you...

I was a bit out of sorts last Thursday (19/03/20) and thought it was due to too many painkillers for my back which had been playing me up for a couple of weeks so laid off them. I had been eating paracetamol and ibuprofen like smarties. felt much better Friday so went for a walk after dinner and later that evening felt like I had had the shit kicked out of me.

21/03/20 Woke up Saturday dry coughing, after a few hours of this and looking online got a bit twitchy and paranoid and convinced myself I might have it. Took my temperature and it was only just above normal.

22/03/20 Sunday more coughing and temp back to normal by the end of the day. Bit of pressure building in my chest. Beginning to wonder if I was just being a drama queen and had a bit of mild man flu. Rinse and repeat for Monday.

24/03/20 Tuesday more coughing and bit more pressure on the chest, by the afternoon I was slumped in a chair in the garden really having to make an effort to breath as it felt like I had a slab on my chest pressing down on me and a thought I would be in hospital by the end of the week.

25/03/20 Got up Wednesday still coughing but the feeling of pressure on the chest was right down. Shouted conversation with the neighbour over the fence. Their lad has it (mother is a radiologist so they were tested and results came back positive for him) and started coughing on the Thursday (19/03/20). Again very slight temperature and just lots of coughing to start with nothing dramatic.

26/03/20 Thursday less, coughing still some pressure on chest but nothing alarming. Absolutely knackered, feel like a lump of lead and have spent half the day falling asleep.

27/03/20 Bit of coughing, everything in the chest is loosening up.

I have got off very lightly so far and realise I have been lucky. I just hope I haven't spread it around and have managed to keep it to myself. I have been staying at home and doing all the right things since I started coughing.

My knackered back meant I had only been out a couple of times in the preceding week or two and am a deeply unsociable bastard at the best of times so it did surprise me that I got is so early on.

@CutLunchCommando

I just cut and pasted from the unclean thread and added dates, is that the sort of thing you want in here.

Day 10 for me and last night was probably the worst one yet. I’m lying in a bed that is basically wet through - I’ve never sweated like this in my life. I can’t be ARRSEd to take my body temp but after last night, just for amusement, I will tonight. Interestingly enough, yesterday afternoon I had a kip and though I’d never felt better and it would have been easy to think I was on the way to recovery, but I knew that wouldn’t be the case.. that’s the first afternoon I’ve not had a raging temperature in the afternoon for days.

It started with a cough, temperature, aching all over and the chest. Breathing was dire - I’d say lung capacity was 60-70%. The cough was a persistent dry cough. The temperature was actually OK and constant - didn’t go up or drop. I said on another thread it felt like I was still smoking 40 Marlboro Red a day and hadn’t stopped 14 years ago. On day 4 chest eased down to 20 Marlboro Gold, and all other symptoms vanished. Lung capacity was 90%. That was the day I read an article which say you think it’s better but it’s about to get much worse. The article was right.

so the pattern for the last 6 days has been three clear hours where I feel OK till lunchtime. Temperature goes through the roof in the afternoon and I’m decked then it clears like there is nothing wrong with me. I know the temperature is coming and my fingers and feet go like blocks of ice and the shivering starts. One thumb amusingly enough feels like it’s got chilblains- it’s always the same thumb and my torso is like a furnace. That’s basically the afternoon. From 1800hrs I’m clear and feel fine then the worst bit comes which is the night. I’m losing gallons every night. No problem taking on fluids. the cough disappeared 6 days ago but came back yesterday.

how it feels is this thing is constantly evolving and changing its tactics to attack my body. There is no consistency with the symptoms- they change every 4 days.

I’m on antibiotics for sinus - they are day 4. I’ve had sinus infections for years and this latest came on day 4. I’m dropping a lot of Anadin Extra which help.

I don’t see an end to this is how it feels and the worry is my body eventually says ‘fcuk this for a game of soldiers’ and gives up. I can’t see an end to it...... lung capacity currently 90%.

stanger

Swinger
Day 10 for me and last night was probably the worst one yet. I’m lying in a bed that is basically wet through - I’ve never sweated like this in my life. I can’t be ARRSEd to take my body temp but after last night, just for amusement, I will tonight. Interestingly enough, yesterday afternoon I had a kip and though I’d never felt better and it would have been easy to think I was on the way to recovery, but I knew that wouldn’t be the case.. that’s the first afternoon I’ve not had a raging temperature in the afternoon for days.

It started with a cough, temperature, aching all over and the chest. Breathing was dire - I’d say lung capacity was 60-70%. The cough was a persistent dry cough. The temperature was actually OK and constant - didn’t go up or drop. I said on another thread it felt like I was still smoking 40 Marlboro Red a day and hadn’t stopped 14 years ago. On day 4 chest eased down to 20 Marlboro Gold, and all other symptoms vanished. Lung capacity was 90%. That was the day I read an article which say you think it’s better but it’s about to get much worse. The article was right.

so the pattern for the last 6 days has been three clear hours where I feel OK till lunchtime. Temperature goes through the roof in the afternoon and I’m decked then it clears like there is nothing wrong with me. I know the temperature is coming and my fingers and feet go like blocks of ice and the shivering starts. One thumb amusingly enough feels like it’s got chilblains- it’s always the same thumb and my torso is like a furnace. That’s basically the afternoon. From 1800hrs I’m clear and feel fine then the worst bit comes which is the night. I’m losing gallons every night. No problem taking on fluids. the cough disappeared 6 days ago but came back yesterday.

how it feels is this thing is constantly evolving and changing its tactics to attack my body. There is no consistency with the symptoms- they change every 4 days.

I’m on antibiotics for sinus - they are day 4. I’ve had sinus infections for years and this latest came on day 4. I’m dropping a lot of Anadin Extra which help.

I don’t see an end to this is how it feels and the worry is my body eventually says ‘fcuk this for a game of soldiers’ and gives up. I can’t see an end to it...... lung capacity currently 90%.
Boot size

Boot size
9. Nice pair of Lowa combat GTX there for someone. Black clearly.

If I fully recover, I’ve lost 2 inches off the waist so also plenty pairs of north face trousers and the like to go for the outdoor types...... there are some positives.

Well its day 14 in the big brother household and I've still got the fcuking thing. No idea if I'm still infectious but as we live in the arrse end of nowhere its irrelevant, as apart from the hundreds of fcuking walkers that now stream down the lane past out house to get into the depths of chess valley, we never normally see a soul down here........ apart from fat women on horses walking along at a crap pace and making you wonder why the fcuk they bother.

Symptoms now are clammy sweat when I exert any effort - like walking to the bins which are 20m away from the house. I am still getting a temperature in the afternoon and evening but the thermometer says 'no' which is odd. I have the cough still but not as bad. Lung capacity seems to have settled down at I'd say 80% ish.

I crave fresh orange juice (vitamin C) and how my lungs feel like like I'd been out on the piss since 1800hrs, gone clubbing til 4, smoked 40 Marlboro Reds and for up at 0530hrs to start the day with a healthy BFT....... the mouth tastes exactly like its used to when that was the modus operandi.

The good news is I reckon I've shed that stone I was carrying so I am expecting to come in well under 14 stone now. Not sure when I'll be able to start on the weights again as the exertion feels like it would wipe me out.

As far as the walkers go, I'm toying with shooting one of them and stringing it up and sticking a message on it saying 'government advice is stay at home so fcuk off from here please'.

I remain a cheery soul to be around and constant source of mirth and giggles according to the mrs!

I had symptoms a few weeks ago. Extremely hot, to the extent that the Mrs couldn't sleep next to me, little bit of a dry cough, tired really tired but it comes in waves, feel OK one minute then just feel completely drained, mild headache as well.
Joints are aching. Especially my neck and shoulders.

No loss of taste or smell.

I had symptoms a few weeks ago. Extremely hot, to the extent that the Mrs couldn't sleep next to me, little bit of a dry cough, tired really tired but it comes in waves, feel OK one minute then just feel completely drained, mild headache as well.
Joints are aching. Especially my neck and shoulders.

No loss of taste or smell.
Don`t shout to loud son, they will be wanting to drain your blood for antibodies.

Archie

Well its day 14 in the big brother household and I've still got the fcuking thing. No idea if I'm still infectious but as we live in the arrse end of nowhere its irrelevant, as apart from the hundreds of fcuking walkers that now stream down the lane past out house to get into the depths of chess valley, we never normally see a soul down here........ apart from fat women on horses walking along at a crap pace and making you wonder why the fcuk they bother.

Symptoms now are clammy sweat when I exert any effort - like walking to the bins which are 20m away from the house. I am still getting a temperature in the afternoon and evening but the thermometer says 'no' which is odd. I have the cough still but not as bad. Lung capacity seems to have settled down at I'd say 80% ish.

I crave fresh orange juice (vitamin C) and how my lungs feel like like I'd been out on the piss since 1800hrs, gone clubbing til 4, smoked 40 Marlboro Reds and for up at 0530hrs to start the day with a healthy BFT....... the mouth tastes exactly like its used to when that was the modus operandi.

The good news is I reckon I've shed that stone I was carrying so I am expecting to come in well under 14 stone now. Not sure when I'll be able to start on the weights again as the exertion feels like it would wipe me out.

As far as the walkers go, I'm toying with shooting one of them and stringing it up and sticking a message on it saying 'government advice is stay at home so fcuk off from here please'.

I remain a cheery soul to be around and constant source of mirth and giggles according to the mrs!
Interesting, when I had the temperature it felt more like a heatwave, no sweats going on. Yet when I went to bed and woke next morning, was convinced I had swamped the pit. My symptoms in the main was four days, I would consider them as mild as it never really hampered day to day living, also had a pain going on in the left kidney when I had the heat. Totally bizarre, just came out of nowhere in an instant.

Interesting, when I had the temperature it felt more like a heatwave, no sweats going on. Yet when I went to bed and woke next morning, was convinced I had swamped the pit. My symptoms in the main was four days, I would consider them as mild as it never really hampered day to day living, also had a pain going on in the left kidney when I had the heat. Totally bizarre, just came out of nowhere in an instant.
You daft bugger.

You're Mrs has gotten herself a Voodoo doll of you and is practicing.

ive goneon 500mg of Amoxicillin today - can’t shift the infection

Just had a phone call from the Covid 19 hub.

Test results are negative.
I've to report to the stores for a cup of concrete and have been told to harden the feck up.

Latest Threads