Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid Vaccine Guinea Pigs?

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes - Give it to me

Votes: 80 50.3%
  • No - Let nature take it's course

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • I'll let other people get it first - then wait and see how it all pans out!

Votes: 61 38.4%

• Total voters
Populations wouldn't ever build up enough exposure, which is why there isn't herd immunity to even something as infectious as measles. As it says in that article I linked:
Which is why I want the vaccine and I've volunteered to administer it. I'll be alright and I would say screw those who are refusing. The only reason I care about those dipshits is that when I need admission to A&E the hospital will be full of them taking up all the beds. The NHS will step back 30 years with all of the operations we came to take for granted (knee replacements, hip replacements, stent insertions, cancer treatments etc. etc.) all no longer available, or with massive queues, because the beds are full of idiots.

Yokel

LE
I am happy to volunteer for 'grab 'em and stab 'em' parties dealing with people who not only refuse the vaccine or different ones, but also refuse to wear a mask or practise social distancing.

I need to exercise. I am not in any of the target groups, just keen to help...

I am happy to volunteer for 'grab 'em and stab 'em' parties dealing with people who not only refuse the vaccine or different ones, but also refuse to wear a mask or practise social distancing.

I need to exercise. I am not in any of the target groups, just keen to help...
Has anyone mentioned using a tranquilizer gun yet, make giving the vaccine more of a sport?

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
" My mate Karen, right yeah...off the Interweb..." may not have a bleedin' clue - but I suspect these folks do - fill yer boots :

Ask the Experts: Rolling out COVID-19 Vaccines.

On Wednesday 9 December at 4pm GMT/ 11am ET we'll ask our expert panel to answer your questions and discuss:

• How vaccinating an entire population will really work
  • How to ensure under-represented groups aren't left behind
  • What vaccine injections will feel like and the possible side-effects
  • How to monitor and measure what happens next.
I’ll be joined by three fantastic guests, Kate Bingham, Chair of the UK Vaccine Taskforce, Dr Macey Murray, Research Fellow at the MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL, and Dr Anna Goodman, Infectious Diseases Consultant at Guy's and St Thomas’ Hospital.

Register to join via zoom or watch live (or view on-demand later) on ZOE’s YouTube channel

Last edited:
And the pharma industry would not earn billions and the polititians who have their whack.. Eh?

Lots of lovely arguments to justify the dumbs you are dishing out?

I believe there are something like 200 COVID Vaccine projects globally. Got anything to say about any of the others?

ETA

ETA Another dumb. Still little in the way of argument.

Last edited:
That question has been brought up here in Canada and was immediately squashed. The government response was blunt and to the point, even idiots are entitled health under the law no matter how ignorant the decisions they make in life.
And job protection for the duration.

Er it kind of is how herd immunity works.

Vaccines just allow us to achieve it much quicker and safer than allowing a new virus to rip through the population.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Herd immunity', also known as 'population immunity', is a concept used for vaccination, in which a population can be protected from a certain virus if a threshold of vaccination is reached. Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it.

Herd immunity', also known as 'population immunity', is a concept used for vaccination, in which a population can be protected from a certain virus if a threshold of vaccination is reached. Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it.

Here I have watched and listened to Dr. Tony Fauci whenever he is allowed to speak. I recall one time he mentioned needing to vaccinate 75% of the population of the US to make it effective. This is going to prove difficult as it is estimated, by a couple of polls, that around 50% of the population will not get vaccinated. The 50% appears to be made up of religious zealots, conspiracy theorists, and coloured people.

The religious one's, well, here in Texarrse they still don't teach school kids about evolution. The wifes 2IC, a clever lady, devout god botherer, does not, and will not, acknowledge that dinosaurs existed. They extend to not wanting some unholy concoction conceived by science injected into their bodies.

The conspiracy theorists seem to think it is some big brother scheme. That the whole Covid thing was either invented to eventually come up with a cure that is really an excuse to inject everyone with some sort of RFID solution/chip to track the population - I kid thee not. Or, that it is a bio-weapon released by the Chinese.

And the coloured people; well they have a simplistic level of mistrust in the honkey and big government. Which, when you consider their history, is well founded. From the 1930's up until 1972 they was a study by the US Public Health Service and the CDC into the effects and history of untreated VD. Treatment was effectively withheld from African Americans in Tuskegee and they were monitored..........all without their knowledge.

So whatever happens vaccine wise it is going to be kicking around the lower levels of the socio-economic scale for a long time here in the US.............advanced, forward thinking, leader of the first world that it is.

crow_bag

War Hero

Yes, and if a large enough percentage of the population contracted covid and developed sufficient immunity it would have the same effect.

I never said it was better than vaccination, or that it is something we should be doing.

crow_bag

War Hero
Populations wouldn't ever build up enough exposure, which is why there isn't herd immunity to even something as infectious as measles. As it says in that article I linked:
I never said they would.

I merely said that the principle is the same.

FYI - for all those people that go on about the rules, social distancing, masks etc....... I don't think these lot are listening:

Same thing with the BLM marches etc. Also all these young people won't be getting the vaccine - how are you going to try and stop them from working and going abroad? Will you be next be trying age discrimination and saying it's ok for the youth, but anyone over 50 should be treated differently?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Has anyone mentioned using a tranquilizer gun yet, make giving the vaccine more of a sport?

I suggested something similar a while back. My idea being we could do vaccination parades in camp, with a dart gun as well as practice/prove a whole host of other skills for the vaccinators and those to be vaccinated at the same time. range day, cam and concealment, BFT/ E&E,

unfortunately I was at an artillery regiment at the time so everyone in a 1km grid square* will have been vaccinated at the same time regardless of their actual requirement

*obviously the wrong grid square

covid vaccine 1.jpg

As far as I am aware both Pfizer and AstraZeneca have declared their products NFP.
NFP being Not For Profit?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covid stupidity.jpg