Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid Vaccine Guinea Pigs?

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes - Give it to me

Votes: 80 50.6%
  • No - Let nature take it's course

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • I'll let other people get it first - then wait and see how it all pans out!

Votes: 60 38.0%

• Total voters
FB_IMG_1607112559539.jpg

nice guy

Old-Salt
Actually old top, that's just the Pzizer version....and the minus -70C requirement is ONLY for bulk storage.

The one developed in the UK by Oxford University and Astrazeneca can be stored in a normal refrigerator. Shipped in standard reefers by road rail or air.

But I'm guessing whatever news outlet you get your information from won't have covered that.....

And you won't have seen the British deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Jonathan Van Tam carefully explaining on live tv this morning that he had pressed his 78 year old Mum to take it whenever she was able to......

What was that shit they pumped into the arms of the GW!1 vets? how did that go?

btw i'm not a conspriracy theory-ist i just don't want something pumped into my arm on the say so of a man (Johnson) whom i would not buy a second hand car from, whom i would not trust my wife with and who could not lay straight in bed.

And this JVT bloke is getting a bit annoying he is starting to like this limelight and i don't like that, he is a public servant and i don't want to see him on Strictly.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
So the Confederate flag is a pure blind then.....you're actually UK based and wouldn't know Antietam from Edam.......gotcha.

Stop importing looney-choon white noise from across the Atlantic...and try taking stock.

Plainly it's not just our floppy haired Lord Snooty saying ' Here mate shoot this up, you'll be fine....'

It's a lot of professional clinicians whose credibility is right there on the line.

I owe my life to the NHS - without their skill,knowledge and professionalism, I'd be soot falling softly over the South Coast .

As anyone who has EVER worked around central government will tell you from personal experience- cock-up wins out over conspiracy in 99/100 instances.

Go back to Post
Stop infecting your mind with folkloric imported bullsh1t and desist from spreading foolishness - and think on.

Last edited:
Listen to this man. not an internet expert like some on here.

Look, you dumb ****, do some research before posting nonsense.

Mike Yeadon has already been publicly called out over his, proven false, claim the pandemic in the UK is 'effectively over' and that there is 'no need for a vaccine'. A simple Google would tell you that.

I am not going to bother to listen to the lunacy that you have linked to but I see a mention of 'herd immunity' and you need to understand, and I can say it very slowly if it helps, that herd immunity is achieved through a significant proportion of the population being immunised, not through people just having the virus and then carrying antibodies. Again - T h i s i s n o t h o w h e r d i m m u n i t y w o r k s.

Or maybe linking vaccination certificates to continued employment?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Does that mean all those young people that won't be getting the vaccine won't be able to work....don't be an idiot.

Jonnynoname

On ROPS
On ROPs

Mike Yeadon has already been publicly called out over his, proven false, claim the pandemic in the UK is 'effectively over' and that there is 'no need for a vaccine'. A simple Google would tell you that.

I am not going to bother to listen to the lunacy that you have linked to but I see a mention of 'herd immunity' and you need to understand, and I can say it very slowly if it helps, that herd immunity is achieved through a significant proportion of the population being immunised, not through people just having the virus and then carrying antibodies. Again - T h i s i s n o t h o w h e r d i m m u n i t y w o r k s.
Wow meltdown
tenor (1).gif

Last edited:

definitely agree on you calling out the guy

remember UK “herd immunity” protect the vulnerable and everyone else carry on as normal ? Johnson’s plan was to give at least 60-70% of the non-vulnerable population covid (that is the level required to give herd immunity).

of course they ignored the fact there is no evidence of herd immunity yet as for that to be the case, like Chickenpox, it has to be a disease that the vast majority of people can only catch once.

Jonnynoname

On ROPS
On ROPs

btw i'm not a conspriracy theory-ist i just don't want something pumped into my arm on the say so of a man (Johnson) whom i would not buy a second hand car from, whom i would not trust my wife with and who could not lay straight in bed.

And this JVT bloke is getting a bit annoying he is starting to like this limelight and i don't like that, he is a public servant and i don't want to see him on Strictly.
100% ... they rushed this so called miracle drug out quicker than a dose of Diarrhoea

crow_bag

War Hero
definitely agree on you calling out the guy

remember UK “herd immunity” protect the vulnerable and everyone else carry on as normal ? Johnson’s plan was to give at least 60-70% of the non-vulnerable population covid (that is the level required to give herd immunity).

of course they ignored the fact there is no evidence of herd immunity yet as for that to be the case, like Chickenpox, it has to be a disease that the vast majority of people can only catch once.

It doesn't need to be like chickenpox for herd immunity to work.

People who catch it just have to develop immunity for a reasonable length of time, and considering that there have only been a handful of confirmed cases of people catching covid twice in the entire world it is reasonable to assume that the majority do develop immunity for a period of time.

I know this isn't inline with Boris, Grrrr but thems the facts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

crow_bag

War Hero

Er it kind of is how herd immunity works.

Vaccines just allow us to achieve it much quicker and safer than allowing a new virus to rip through the population.

Does that mean all those young people that won't be getting the vaccine won't be able to work....don't be an idiot.
Not at all. It would be a 'wait, out' until someone is offered the vaccine and then see if they refuse it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

3ToedSloth

War Hero
what's that got to do with this situation?
If Boris had personally been involved with the development and/or approval of any of the various vaccines then you'd have a very good point.

Hardly a reason not to take the vaccine?

Er it kind of is how herd immunity works.

Vaccines just allow us to achieve it much quicker and safer than allowing a new virus to rip through the population.

Herd immunity should only really be thought of as a vaccination strategy.

I mentioned in an earlier post that 43% in Spain would not want the vaccine in the first phase.
That figure has now been published as only 32.5% would be willing to take the vaccine immediately.
55% said they would wait and 8.4% said they wouldn't have the vaccine in any case.

Not much hope of so-called herd immunity there.

crow_bag

War Hero
Herd immunity should only really be thought of as a vaccination strategy.

True, but if enough people caught covid and developed immunity to it for a long enough period of time then we would end up with herd immunity.

It would just take a lot longer, and there'd likely be alot more seriously ill and/or dead people along the way.

True, but if enough people caught covid and developed immunity to it for a long enough period of time then we would end up with herd immunity.

It would just take a lot longer, and there'd likely be alot more seriously ill and/or dead people along the way.

Populations wouldn't ever build up enough exposure, which is why there isn't herd immunity to even something as infectious as measles. As it says in that article I linked:

“There’s no magic wand we can use here,” Andersen says. “We have to face reality — never before have we reached herd immunity via natural infection with a novel virus, and SARS-CoV-2 is unfortunately no different.”

Latest Threads