Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid Vaccine Guinea Pigs?

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes - Give it to me

Votes: 80 50.0%
  • No - Let nature take it's course

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • I'll let other people get it first - then wait and see how it all pans out!

Votes: 62 38.8%

• Total voters
Or maybe linking vaccination certificates to continued employment?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Or leave them to it, the rest of us who have had the vaccine will blissfully carry on with our newly acquired immunity and the flat earth anti-vaxxers will die out from unchecked covid :mrgreen:

If you choose not to get vaccinated and then need 2 months off ill, should the employer be responsible to pay sick leave? Or if you end up in expensive intensive care due to pure ignorance, should the charge be solely to the taxpayer?
My wife reckons that if you refuse the vaccine, you should be made to pay for any healthcare costs arising from catching covid-19.
My fault for marrying Irma Grese...

If you choose not to get vaccinated and then need 2 months off ill, should the employer be responsible to pay sick leave? Or if you end up in expensive intensive care due to pure ignorance, should the charge be solely to the taxpayer?

One of the youngish lads at our company has just been sacked, he'd been off most of the year on furlough so was gloating about that over the summer on Facebook while also saying covid is a hoax, then refused to take any precautions like mask wearing and social distancing while out on company business when he came back into work over the last couple of months. His girlfriend then thought she had covid so he got another fortnight off on pay but the test came back negative, so he came back to work again refusing to wear a mask and gobbing off over the restrictions. Then he thought he did have it and because it was well known he had been refusing to wear a mask etc he was told he had to isolate again but wouldn't get paid this time as it was his own fault so he proceeded to call the MD a c**t which was followed up by a rapid P45.

That question has been brought up here in Canada and was immediately squashed. The government response was blunt and to the point, even idiots are entitled health under the law no matter how ignorant the decisions they make in life.

3ToedSloth

War Hero
so what about false positive tests? you seem to be the big Phd on everything on here.
I do have a PhD, as do many others on this forum, but it's not relevant here. Only a complete simpleton such as yourself would fail to question the credibility of dodgy anonymous YouTube clips claiming without evidence that a shadow world government in league with Bill Gates has been planning this pandemic to set up a global dystopian prison state for decades.

3ToedSloth

War Hero
One of the youngish lads at our company has just been sacked, he'd been off most of the year on furlough so was gloating about that over the summer on Facebook while also saying covid is a hoax, then refused to take any precautions like mask wearing and social distancing while out on company business when he came back into work over the last couple of months. His girlfriend then thought she had covid so he got another fortnight off on pay but the test came back negative, so he came back to work again refusing to wear a mask and gobbing off over the restrictions. Then he thought he did have it and because it was well known he had been refusing to wear a mask etc he was told he had to isolate again but wouldn't get paid this time as it was his own fault so he proceeded to call the MD a c**t which was followed up by a rapid P45.
I imagine there'll be plenty of employers expecting their staff to get a jab. Perhaps a vaccine could be seen as simply a health and safety matter for those in close contact with others?

That question has been brought up here in Canada and was immediately squashed. The government response was blunt and to the point, even idiots are entitled health under the law no matter how ignorant the decisions they make in life.
Agreed. But it does raise the question if there was 1 bed available in intensive care and 2 candidates one of whom was a self-inflicted anti-vaxx covid ....

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There is precedent for specific vaccinations required for specific jobs but they have to be justified.

For instance, dental staff have to have TB and Hep B. (As do most medical staff)

Agreed. But it does raise the question if there was 1 bed available in intensive care and 2 candidates one of whom was a self-inflicted anti-vaxx covid ....
That question was asked as well and poorly answered with the standard- it’s still being studied and under review.. The response wasn’t a surprise considering the government still won’t publicly release the triage priority protocol set up in March for the scenario of the hospitals being overwhelmed by virus cases.

That question was asked as well and poorly answered with the standard- it’s still being studied and under review.. The response wasn’t a surprise considering the government still won’t publicly release the triage priority protocol set up in March for the scenario of the hospitals being overwhelmed by virus cases.
The original question wasn't about health care, it was about sick pay. Should an employer be obliged to provide sick pay if an employee refuses the vaccine and then catches Covid and is off work for months.

The original question wasn't about health care, it was about sick pay. Should an employer be obliged to provide sick pay if an employee refuses the vaccine and then catches Covid and is off work for months.
My mistake, that’s not a factor here as employers do not have to provide sick pay at all, just 3 unpaid days off.

Listen to this man. not an internet expert like some on here.
Allow me to summarise.
1. He’s not an expert in vaccines
2. He’s not convinced the vaccine is effective
3. He doesn’t believe there should be a general rollout of the vaccine because of 2.
4. He doesn’t have a problem with a partial roll-out targeting the elderly.
5. He doesn’t believe there is a conspiracy.

Did I miss something?

You must be a bit disappointed with 5. He’s obviously just covering up for Operation Lock Step.

Jonnynoname

On ROPS
On ROPs
Allow me to summarise.
1. He’s not an expert in vaccines
2. He’s not convinced the vaccine is effective
3. He doesn’t believe there should be a general rollout of the vaccine because of 2.
4. He doesn’t have a problem with a partial roll-out targeting the elderly.
5. He doesn’t believe there is a conspiracy.

Did I miss something?

You must be a bit disappointed with 5. He’s obviously just covering up for Operation Lock Step.
dunce-clipart-12.png

Ha ha, you roll this out every time your bullshit gets found out.

Here’s a bit more about your expert Mike Yeadley.

He’s been found out as being wrong in his insistence that the UK had already reached “herd immunity” in the summer, and now it appears he is trying to double-down on his insistence that no vaccines are necessary.

I love the way he describes himself as a former CSO at Pfizer. He hasn’t worked for them for almost 10 years, but he obviously feels it enhances his credibility.

Latest Threads