Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid Vaccine Guinea Pigs?

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes - Give it to me

Votes: 80 50.3%
  • No - Let nature take it's course

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • I'll let other people get it first - then wait and see how it all pans out!

Votes: 61 38.4%

• Total voters
You are being pedantic......I think you know that you get injected with a liquid that's been made from a chemical formula - I hope that clears things up for you and you can enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

Good.

Now that we’ve established that, maybe we can go onto concepts like:

‘Randomised control trials’
‘Protective effect’
‘Odds ratio’
‘Number needed to treat’

And other such things that an entire sector of human endeavour uses to test vaccines?

You are being pedantic......I think you know that you get injected with a liquid that's been made from a chemical formula - I hope that clears things up for you and you can enjoy the rest of your afternoon

But only a couple of posts earlier, you said this:

injecting yourself with unknown chemical formulas

So which is it? Are there formulas or do scientists adopt a random mixing approach to developing new vaccines?

You are being pedantic......I think you know that you get injected with a liquid that's been made from a chemical formula - I hope that clears things up for you and you can enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
You do understand that everything you are made of, see and touch are made up from chemical formulas?

Edit: Or is ir formulae? I can never remember

Last edited:

WightMivvi

War Hero
It seems to me that we have a choice...

Get a little bit of additional RNA in us, created by some of the finest minds humanity has ever created, which hasn’t killed a single person out of the 20k it had been tested on, and which doesn’t pass from us to other vulnerable people.

or

Get a little bit of additional RNA in us, created by bats, which kills between 40 and 400 people out of every 20k infected (other guesstimates are available) and which can pass from us to other vulnerable people.

Personally, with a significant other with a rare disease, I’ll go for the manmade gunk.

, with a significant other with a rare disease, I’ll go for the manmade gunk.
Fair enough, I can see how you made Your choice - however as you also pointed out only between 40-400 out of every 20k are killed (and most likely because they already have something wrong with them). I'll take my chances, most likely I've already had covid as have quite a lot of people - but we never even noticed, so I'll let my body deal with it and make it's own defences - just like the human and every other animal on the planets bodies have been doing since life appeared on earth. Millions of years of evolution can't be wrong.

Also throughout the world many millions of people will not get vaccinated, either will a large percent of the British population - and therefore covid won't be wiped out, it will be with us forever now just as the cold/flue is and it's will keep mutating, making the vaccine useless.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I can see how you made Your choice - however as you also pointed out only between 40-400 out of every 20k are killed (and most likely because they already have something wrong with them). I'll take my chances, most likely I've already had covid as have quite a lot of people - but we never even noticed, so I'll let my body deal with it and make it's own defences - just like the human and every other animal on the planets bodies have been doing since life appeared on earth. Millions of years of evolution can't be wrong.

Also throughout the world many millions of people will not get vaccinated, either will a large percent of the British population - and therefore covid won't be wiped out, it will be with us forever now just as the cold/flue is and it's will keep mutating, making the vaccine useless.
Is your approach to a Covid-19 vaccinations different from other vaccines and immunisations? Are you concerns about the relative morbidity? Is it the 'unknown chemical formulas' which you cite as comprising the vaccines? Or, are you relying on evolution to protect you?

Is your approach to a Covid-19 vaccinations different from other vaccines and immunisations? Are you concerns about the relative morbidity? Is it the 'unknown chemical formulas' which you cite as comprising the vaccines? Or, are you relying on evolution to protect you?
I'm just not taking the vaccine - end off.

I don't think anyone is trying to convince you otherwise, but are simply asking questions about the basis for your decision, to understand your decision on why you don't want to.

Problem is, you avoid answering relevant questions that would help us understand your point of view, whilst making it clearer if your issues with a vaccine, is just for these Covid ones, or other vaccination programmes in general.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
1606144192341.png

Flu

Of.

WightMivvi

War Hero
Fair enough, I can see how you made Your choice - however as you also pointed out only between 40-400 out of every 20k are killed (and most likely because they already have something wrong with them).
This is the bit that makes me uneasy. Mrs WM is in her mid 50s and is likely to live for another 20-30 years (her condition doesn’t kill in itself).

Accepting that we should just accept chopping her life short by a couple of decades because she “already had something wrong” just seems a bit callous.

(It also means I’d have to go back to work as it’s her benefits that has enabled me to “retire” at age 50. Now that would be really annoying...;))
I agree covid is now with us forevermore, just like flu. And, just like flu, the vulnerable will just get a yearly jab.

They were talking about this on Politics Live; I can't remember the stats they quoted from the survey, but it looks like the younger you are, the less likely it is you're going to have the vaccine.

Which isn't great from a herd immunity point of view.

But if the vaccines provide between 70 to 90% protection, shouldn't individual immunity be enough to reduce deaths by 70 to 90%?

If that's right, we'll have rates of death far lower than flu (I believe the flu vaccine is only 50% effective).

I for one won't be taking any drugs that are not natural and when I die I will go out of the world in the same way I entered - drug free and probably crying, bald, naked, and not having a clue as to what's going on - but death is a certainty and I accepted that a long time ago.
Any chance you could speed up the process ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had them and I've been fine.

*twitch twitch*

But seriously, I think Gulf War Syndrome was found to be caused by depleted uranium from certain types of weapon systems.

Lots of Septics had GW syndrome too and they didn't get the jabs.

Canadian Govt did an analysis looking for the presence of heavy metals ( such as, but not limited, to D.U) in GW1 veterans complaining of the wide ranging symptoms lumped under the banner title 'Gulf War Syndrome'

A Grown-Up analysis from Feb 2020 can be reviewed here : LINK

Abstract

Indications of proximal tubule effects have been observed in recent surveillance study of Gulf War veterans exposed to depleted uranium (DU). This gives some support for the suspicion that DU may represent one of the causes for the so-called Persian Gulf syndrome. Proposed effects may be especially harmful if the toxicity hits the mitochondrial DNA since the mitochondria lack the nucleotide excision repair mechanism, which is needed for repairing bulky adducts that have been associated with DU.

It is a plausible working hypothesis that a significant part of the symptoms from various organs, which have been observed among veterans from Gulf War 1 and that have been grouped under the name of the Persian Gulf syndrome, may be explained as a consequence of mitochondrial DNA damage in various cell types and organs.

Interpretation of observations, on military personnel and civilians after Gulf War 1, is associated with difficulties because of the abundance of potential confounding factors. The symptoms observed on veterans from Gulf War 1 may be attributed to a multiplicity of substances functioning directly or indirectly as mitochondrial mutagens. A concise analysis of the cascade of toxic effects initiated by DU exposure in the human body is the subject of this article.

I believe it is still unclear if there is a direct link between the extensive use of Depleted Uranium rounds in Iraq ( and earlier, in Bosnia and Kosovo) and the chronic fatigue symptons often reported by GW1 veterans.

And YES.

I believe it is still unclear if there is a direct link between the extensive use of Depleted Uranium rounds in Iraq ( and earlier, in Bosnia and Kosovo) and the chronic fatigue symptons often reported by GW1 veterans.

And YES.

Cheers; interesting read.

I also did Bosnia (early on) and Kosovo. In Kosovo we had DU maps with out of bounds areas marked on them. At least I think they were out of bounds areas; I didn't pay much attention to stuff like that.

The fact that masks don't work doesn't even enter the equation before you start telling everyone how horrible they are, does it?
Except that they do. If you want to test it, sneeze onto a piece of paper while wearing a mask and then again while not.

There's your answer right there in front of you, in sticky mucus form.

Latest Threads